Some of you might remember my question about building a silencing cabinet for a central vac. Well, it worked, but too well. The problem is now that if something gets stuck in the hose, we can no longer hear the immediate increase in the motor load the way we used to. On occasion, the unit's motor even shuts down from the overload.
Does anyone have any ideas how to detect the "laboring" of the motor so I can sound a chime or some other alarm when something clogs the pope - I mean pipe - the Pope has enough problems of his own. (-:
I am going to try a test today with my Kill-0-Watt meter to see if there's a substantial increase in current draw. I might be able to use a current sensor to detect the upswing and sound a chime or some other kind of warning. I don't want to shorten the life of the motor by letting the thermal overload shut it down after it has overheated.
Thanks in advance
-- Bobby G.
Crossposted to alt.home.repair;comp.home.automation, follow up in AHR, please!