Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Please stop feeding the geese
Some motherless rat is putting out piles of bird food for the flock of geese (probably Canadian, dark in color) that inhabit the small lake near my office this time of year. Walking from the parking...
14
14

Laminate flooring joint problem
Laying a very light colored laminate floor (Maple). I can see some of the end joints. In other words, it appears like the MDF core can be seen. I wouldn't have this problem if the flooring was dark. I...
8
8

Anyone Have Comcast Cable?
Hello, This is not really a "repair" question, but I am still looking for some info. please. Comcast Cable is doing some kind of switchover to mostly all digital channels on April 15th of this year, I...
67
67

Thin rubbing compound?
I got a very old can of Turtle Wax rubbing compound. Re-painted some scratches on the car. Need to use rubbing compound to clean up overspray, etc. Rubbing compound looks too thick (it's like paste...
7
7

Odd size toilet
Do toilets come in a specal close fit (less set back from the drain to the wall)?
10
10

Keeping car electronics alive while changing battery - homebrew approach?
I need to clean the terminals and change out my car battery. I would rather not lose the setttings on my radio. But I also would rather not invest in a charger just for this application. I have...
51
51

ceramic tile sizes
silly question time :-) Are 12" ceramic tiles actually 12" on each side - or are they slightly smaller (maybe 11-3/4" or 11-7/8"?) to account for a mortar gap? cheers Jules
6
6

Semi OT - Removing antenna mount from car window...
My son just bought a used car which has an antenna mount for a satellite radio stuck on the outside of the rear window. It's a lump about 1-1/2" square with a short male threaded antenna starter piece...
19
19

ClosetMaid (2023 Update)
What is the sticky residue that accumulates on the wire shelving after a few years? ClosetMaid acknowledges it's existance but won't provide info as to cause or a cure. It makes the closet shelves...
12
12

Acuvibe massage tool 2009 new
This review is from: AcuVibe soft-touch Rechargeable Massager (Health and Beauty) We had ours for 3 months. The battery got weaker from the beginning. I noticed it got hot when plugged in. So, I put...

New EPA demands for homes built before 1978!
If you are not federally certified to work with lead based paint you cannot touch ANY project larger than 6 sq ft indoors or 20 sq ft outside PERIOD! No home owner can work on it if it disturbs any...
42
42

what to do with leftover fuel oil?
if I switch from an oil fired boiler to natural gas, what do I do with the fuel oil that is still in the tank in the cellar? Thanks.
60
60

Installing bathroom vent fan in drop ceiling
I have installed several bathroom vent fans in sheetrock ceiling, but soon I will be doing one with a drop ceiling. My question is does the fan still sit flush with the bottom of the ceiling tile, or...
6
6

Black coroplast smudge
Sometimes opaque white plastic bags form a black smokelike smudge. What is this? Can this develop on 's plastic sheets? I am trying desperately to determine that this is not mold. It makes no logical...
3
3

Slightly OT - Makita gas chainsaws
Anyone know anything about these? I trust the Makita name, but don't know if they know anything about gas engines. Or does somebody else make these for them? Any info is appreciated... Dave
7
7