Subject Author Posted Replies

sorta OT power question for you world travelers
My Dell laptop power supply says that it will work on 100-240V, 50 or 60 Hz. Wikipedia sez Japanese receptacles, despite having 100V, 50Hz power are essentially identical to a NEMA 1-15. However, both...
14
14

DIY foam insulation
I will soon be embarking on a project to gut my above-garage bedroom, and by the time I'm ready to put it all back together again will have to reinsulate. It's cathedral ceiling, which I'm guessing is...
8
8

Question on plumbing average cost- location New England...For new toilet and change pedestal plumbing
Hi... I want to have a new toilet installed in my bathroom.. Already has plumbing, just want a new toilet.. Also I want to change the fixtures on my pedestal ..So I will need the plumber to change the...
19
19

Drafting Services
Architectural Draftsman and Designer with over 50 years experience in the construction industry and 45 years ts in Architectural Drafting and Design can provide working drawings for commercial and...

Sump Pump Question
I need to install a sump pump in my crawl space to get rid of water if and when. My need has magnified this year because of the large amount of snow melt and unusually high rain fall in this Delaware...
19
19

PVC question
I have a few hundred feet of electrical underground PVC, 2.5". Can I use this for water pipe? Mainly, it would be a RV drain pipe, therefore no pressure. Would it be okay and hold with just Red Hot...
3
3

Q: House number sign with wires in it...
My house has a house number sign on the wall next to the garage. I never knew it can light up at night until I recently opened it up and saw 2 bulb holders with 2 bulbs, and 2 wire nuts. The 2 bulbs...
23
23

Need info on Rheem water heater
Need Rheem part# for a new dip tube, model#GP50T06AVG00. Also, does this model require a hole saw to fix? TIA
27
27

Faucet -- Stop it from "turning off???"
I have a single-lever kitchen faucet. Stainless steel, fairly heavy construction. About a year old. You can see a pix of it here: fine for medium and above water flow. At lower volume it has a handy...
5
5

NY Prius crash
I'm sure some will never believe this, but . . . . . . N.Y. (AP) - A housekeeper who reported that her boss' Toyota Prius accelerated on its own and wouldn't brake as she hurtled toward a stone wall...
9
9

Sanding Parquet floors?
Awl -- First, some examples: nice not uncommon in WWII Manhattan apts, brownstones. wild -- eat your heart out. Man, I'd be afraid to walk on this.. Here's the Q: If sanding is supposed to be with the...
8
8

Where to buy furnace Blower motor
Hi, I am in need of 3/4 Hp blower motor for Carrier WAV58 gas furnace. Where is good place to get one? TIA,
9
9

[off topic] Glow in the dark alarm clock
Where can I get a battery alarm clock which has hands that can be read in the dark?
49
49

Electric water heater
I will be away from home for about 6 months. Can I turn off the electric water heater during this period? I seem to remember reading that this may cause alga/bacteria problems. Thanks.
30
30

Making a wood privacy fence private
I have a pool in the back yard, and need to replace some fencing. The standard wood privacy fence isn't really private because as the pickets dry out, they shrink, and gaps develop between them, and...
24
24