Subject Author Posted Replies

440 volt three phase question
I've had the moment to work on 440 volt roof top heating and AC. Once in a while, need some power to run a 120 volt device. Is it 120 volts from one leg to ground? (Yeah, I could just check it. But I...
27
27

Cedar vs PT posts
The last times I have used PT 4x4 posts (fence posts, supports for an overhang, and a deck) they have warped and twisted when drying to the point where they look a mess and where structural integrity...
14
14

Resurfacing a Concrete Driveway
My rather large concrete driveway has a lot of cracks and loose pieces. Assuming that the pieces were properly secured (now that the ground beneath them has settled for 20 years), is there a way to...
7
7

Haier HW 24CL03-Window AC
Haier HW 24CL03 price - buy Haier HW 24CL03 at low price, compare price and features with other Home Appliances, expert & user reviews with best offer & deals in India. For more detail visit-

Central Air not working
Hello, I turned on my AC for the fist time this year and it is not working. Cold air is not coming out of the vents the vents themselves are just slightly cooler then the rest of the house. Air is not...
30
30

Wave "Dehumidifier" -- Has anyone here tried it? (2023 Update)
I live in an area with a high water table, and my basement gets quite humid; it recently flooded when the sump pump failed. The basement area is about 1300 to 1500 sq ft, and is divided into rooms,...
27
27

Seal slate floor
After three years, it is time to re-seal my slate tile floors. I plan on using a water-based acrylic sealant, TileLabĀ® Gloss Sealer & Finish. I have thoroughly cleaned the floor with water and...
3
3

Self-healing concrete
Efforts to extend the life of structures and reduce repair costs have led engineers to develop "smart materials" that have self-healing properties, but many of these new materials are difficult to...

This is really something
(
13
13

cutting tub and shower surround material
What is the best way/tool to cut 4x8 foot sheets of laminate tub and shower material? Any special saw blades? Harry
4
4

Can't get rid of moss remnants in exposed aggregate patio.
I have an exposed aggregate patio. I don't use it much and it gets covered with thick moss. I decided I'd clean it and seal the surface to prevent regrowth. Two days later with a gas pressure washer,...
9
9

is there such a thing?
Hello... I am storing a few rechargable whipper snipper batteries in my garden shed along with other assorted batteries. I want to time my charger to give them a charge say 1 day every two months or...
28
28

Overhead door falls back down after opening
Overhead Legacy: When the door opens it sometimes falls back down part way. It hits "top" then bounces back down rather than stopping in fully open position. I have had it serviced twice (spring...
14
14

Painting Pressure Treated Wood
I replaced the front stairs, using pressure treated wood. How long do I have to wait before painting? I figure I should let it dry out over the summer and paint in the fall. I read that there's...
4
4

Replacing a sill plate
We have water damage from a leaking sink drain inside a kitchen wall. Unfortunately it went on for a while and the sill is rotten which allowed the floor joists to sink and well... you get the idea....
5
5