Subject Author Posted Replies

Abusive padlock tests
Overall winner: Master
26

Reinforced concrete and soil mech
Two new useful pages have been recently added on civil engineering website. Please visit the following 1. Reinforced concrete Soil Mechanics Reinforced Concrete Principles for Analysis and Design soil...

Install bidet on toilet
Dunno if this went through. It's not showing up. Try again. Looking for real-world experience installing a bidet on existing toilet. Basically, it's a spray nozzle attached to the water supply. If...
15
15

Electric Weed Eater spinning too fast
It's a RT112C. I don't recommend this model, by the way, for several reasons. Anyway... Apparently it's designed to spin very fast. You would think that's good, but it's not. It causes the line to...
7
7

Here's another mystery.
I was told that one must use different size flexible hose for different appliances. We're talking propane, and I guess it would be the same for natural gas. The theory was that a certain appliance,...
16
16

Connector suggestions???
Found nothing locally suitable; spent hour thru Mouser catalog... Looking for a polarized panel-mount 2-wire (16 ga/low amp/
14
14

Inground pool, corroded ladder anchors
Our inground pool came with two ladders which consist of plastic steps mounted to what appear to be stainless steel tubes. The pool company supplied the ladder anchors which are now buried in the...
15
15

Lady Bugs and Electrics
My air conditioning went out this weekend on the hottest day of the year so far. When the Tech checked out the problem, he found that one of those damned lady bugs (that are not really lady bugs) that...
3
3

Thermadore AC units
Where do Thermadore AC units fit into the spectrum of quality. The ones cooling a home we're considering are 3 years old. Nonny
1
1

inground pool question
I have a in-ground concrete base pool with a vinyl liner. Is it possible for me to tile over the concrete base and get rid of the liner? Not sure what kind of supplies I would need for this if it is...
9
9

Why dont they make #16 metric line wrenches
Every GM truck made in the late 80s and early 90s (and possibly others) seems to have #16 metric fuel line fittings. I have a set of SAE line wrenches, and some of the smaller metric sizes. I am...
6
6

Why not put an electrical copper wire into the weed whacker?
I have the type of weed whacker that takes about a foot long plastic "string". I buy the weed whacker string in bulk, so it's cheap but it only lasts a few minutes in touch terrain. I wonder. Would it...
38
38

Do you bother to sharpen your lawn mower blade? Why?
Does anyone bother sharpening their lawnmower blade? According to the searspartsdirect web site, it costs about $15 for a new lawn mower blade for my Craftsman 917.388853 6.5HP 21" push lawn mower...
103
103

Good small LED flashlights
I want a good, small LED flashlight that uses one or two AA cells. (I do not like AAA cells because they cost the same as AA and have 40 percent as much power. I do not want one with more than two...
72
72

Roof Slate Supply
Vermont Specialty Slate supplies new and salvaged roofing slate shingles to roof contractors and suppliers. Visit us @ Vtslate.com