Subject Author Posted Replies

Non-Stick Surface On Steam Irons
Do they still use teflon, or is there a better type of material on the soleplate of steam irons?
56
56

Roofing felt
Why do you need roofing felt under the shingles? I'm considering putting a raised seam metal roof on my garage, after tearing of the shingles. Do I need new felt under the metal roof?
35
35

Chimney repair - how to fix?
Blowing leaves out of the gutters, I see that our fake stone veneer chimney has some cracks and starting to deteriorate in areas: ?id=0bce977 ideas on how to fix this - short of replacing the veneer...

Motion Sensor Light for Front Entrance
My dad asked me to replace the light next to his front door with a motion sensing unit. He bought a stock fixture from HD with the sensor built into the fixture. There is no way to aim the sensor, it...
58
58

Smelly toilet
I just moved in to a new house & the Toilet smell's. What can cause this & how can i fix the problem ?
19
19

Rat Poison vs. Cockroaches
I have put some rat (mouse) poison in one of my cabinets because of a serious amount of mouse droppings. Lately I have found roaches (the big ones) feasting on the rat poison. My question is, is the...
18
18

Framing nailer repair
I have a Halstead framing nailer model # HNS32. I need an O-ring repair kit #HLS-PK-3220. I can't seem to locate one on the internet. Anyone help? Thanks, Cainster _________________________ Message...
2
2

Laminate flooring without pad?
I picked up a rooms-worth of laminate flooring for $15. But the pad for it comes in rolls just too short, so It'll cost me $50 just for the pad. It's a junk room with almost no traffic. Aside from the...
4
4

Clogged toilet
Well, you can't wait for until after 3 dumps before flushing. My toilet runneth over. What is the best way to unclog a toilet? I've got a huge mess, it's disgusting.
9
9

Don't let the Bed Bugs bite
Recently I've seen reports in the media about bed bugs. They seem to be becoming more frequent. When you travel -- don't bring them home. "The Bed Bug Registry is a free, public database of...

Make 12 gauge shotgun in 8 minutes
Video less with a Harbor Freight Multifunction Miracle Tool.
15
15

Grounding Multiple Electrical Outlets
I am installing multiple electrical outlets in a rec room using romex and metal outlet boxes. When I ground the boxes, do I need to make a 4 wire pigtail from the incoming and outgoing romex, a wire...
7
7

primer for oil based paint
Hi all I,m painting fiberglass door I have oil based paint Do I need oil based primer
10
10

Tape for XPS insulation boards seams
What tape should I use to tape seams of extruded polystyrene insulation sheets. Sheets are glued to exterior foundation perimeter so the tape must be self-adhesive, waterproof and can be used below...
2
2

removing thompson's water seal.
I have an old, weathered door that I'm working on, and on which I put a coat of thompson's water seal at my client's request. Now I want to go a different direction. Has anyone successfully taken...
4
4