roof

Is it ok to replace a roof in cold weather, the temp is about 30-40% this would be a take off because there is 2 layers of shingles.Thanks

Reply to
pacca

That is about minimum IMO. What does the manufacturer spec call for? I think most have a minimum of about 40. If it can be knocked out in a day or two of warmer sunny weather, you'd be OK, but it it is staying cold where you are, best to wait for spring.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

What he said. I'd only do it in weather that cold if I HAD to, and only if it was sunny clear weather. If it is leaking in one area, I'd be inclined to sacrifice a couple cheap Harbor Freight tarps, and just tarp that part of the roof till spring. Yes, it is definitely hillbilly, but it works.

Reply to
aemeijers

i would NOT replace a roof in cold weater.

the sealing stips on the shingles need heat to adhere, thats stick:)

by the time spring and warn weather comes dust will be on those strips, and they will never stick. that happened to a my old landlord, he had to replace the roof twice in 4 years. the shinle manufacturer refused to warranty it. those shingles never laid flat. hot dry weater is a must for roof replacement

Reply to
hallerb

Tony Miklos wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Using the keypad? Num Lock on? Is you app using "Latin-1 Western European" (the column next to Part 1, Part 2, etc) at

What char came back? May have to compare it to the sets in part 2-16.

May be way off but that's how I would approach it.

Reply to
Red Green