Subject Author Posted Replies

electronic ballast for F15T8?
OK, I've been home sick since last Saturday and starting to go stir crazy... silly ideas running through my head I have an old Dazor draftman's lamp that I use for a desk light. I have some high-CRI...
10
10

Shifting a light fixture
After mounting a light fixture on my bathroom wall, I noticed that it is not centered over the sink and it is too low. Without moving the existing standard electrical wall box, how can I shift the...
12
12

Tub faucet
Two years and the damn thing is leaking. Do they still sell the old style faucets that you replace the washers in? These cheep moen washer less 1/4 turn things are crap!! I can't see paying $300.00 +...
2
2

heat pump in winter
We have a heat pump, and it is relatively cold right now (28F). The heat pump has been running continuously for several hours. (Sometimes the emergency heat came on.) Then a few minutes ago the...
10
10

Ceiling Hugger Fan Installation
I've installed countless conventional ceiling fans that use a "ball mount" and a special bracket, and also used a junction box designed for ceiling fans. I have never installed a ceiling hugger fan...
7
7

Anchoring screws in a lamp
I'm repairing a used high-intensity lamp with a magnifying lens that I picked up. Three screw sockets are either split or disintegrated, probably from over-tightening. (See picture 1.) On one side of...
7
7

best way to seal attic?
i have one of those attic doors with the pull down steps. read an article saying these really blow the heat out of the house....best way to seal it wihtout spending a fortune? thanks
14
14

OT - Rite Aid pharmacy now spies on customers
FLeetwood 4-5789. You can call me up, any old time.
35
35

(OT) Learn to use a phone
I can understand some people. Why cant they learn to use a phone and an answering machine. Maybe they should be required to take classes before they can get phone service.... Here's the deal: I saw a...
19
19

Stupid Home Repair Shows
They're having one of these home repair shows on tv. They are telling a homeowner to mount their flat screen tv above a fireplace. Are these guys really that stupid? Obviously the heat from the...
34
34

floor molding in garage?
Finishing up phase 1 of finishing the garage (the tape and spackel came out very nice) and thinking about floor molding to keep things easier to clean, and stop those tiny little parts from falling...
6
6

House Electric - Wire Problem
The other day I noticed our porch light was out. Assumed it was the bulb, but that wasn't it, so I removed the fixture, thinking it was a loose wire nut. There is a black wire and a white wire in the...
17
17

acrylic sheet waterproof glue?
Hi all, I'm looking for a glue to bond together clear acrylic sheet. Needs to dry clear, withstand submersion in (cold) water, and (hopefully) be something that I can get at a local store (rather than...
11
11

Lennox furnace temperature control
I have a home furnace with a lennox control. It's about 30 years old. The problem is that, when the room temperature is cold, like 55 degrees F, and the control is set to 70 degrees F, the furnace...
4
4

30 Bucks for the HF Multifunction Jan 14-17
I have a 6 amp grinder that I bought from the local Ace a few years ago. It's an off brand, but it's still working. One thing is that I can bog it down, and it is 6 amp. The $10 HF unit is just a...
1
1