Noalox experience

I recently posted, to ask about corrosion resistance stuff for electrical terminals. My final decision was to select dielectric grease. My best source sturned ou tto be Advance Auto Parts and Battery, they ahd the best price, adn it was local to me. Six bucks for three ounces.

They also had Seal All, and Gorilla Glue, w hcih I both used within the last year or so. Seal all, to seal the leaky seam of a metal kerosene lantern. And the groilla Glue to do a couple wood working repairs at the church. The Seal All was well priced, 4.99 for 2 ounce tube.

I had used Noalox, to lubricate the threads of my mini mag. The lens to turn on was a bit "gritty" feeling, so I cleaned it all out with spray oil and cotton swabs. And clean out the end cap. I decided to use some of that new dia grease on the mini mag.

I had remembered that I'd put Noalox on the threads of the tail caps of several other aluminum body flash lights. I wen to investigate, and see how they wre doing. A couple of them were just grey gooped, and one looked like the Noalox had etched the threads a bit, they weren't quite the same. Might have also removed some of the anoidzing. Not good.

More spray oil, and more cotton swabs. Some of the grey had dried, and I had to scrape it out with the top if a small slotted screw driver. Coat the threads with dielectric grease, and hope that works better than the grey aluminum antioxidant Noalox suff.

Not totally "home repair" but hope it's a help to someone out there.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

we hams are pretty familiar with noalox. we use it to ensure conductivity between elements of beam antennas. ive seenatennas that have been up in the weather for 30 years and the noalox was still in good shape

Reply to
bob

That brings up another question, how do 30 year old TV antenna's still work like new when the connections are aluminum and rusty metal?

Reply to
Tony Miklos