Subject Author Posted Replies

OT White Pages
OT The phone books have been getting smaller. With the yellow pages, I figure most places are still in business but they have moved their advertising elsewhere. But with the white pages, I'm not so...
16
16

how many repair calls before a heat pump is considered a "lemon" ??? (2024 Update)
If you've spent roughly $5k on a new furnace/heat pump that is supposed to pay for itself in just a few years with lower electricity bills, at what point (how many repair calls) would the heat pump...
16
16

I don't have too much experience with septic systems.
I saw what looked like a septic tank cover right next to this very expensive house built on a slab foundation. The house is on a hill and the ground falls off right after where this cover is so the...
11
11

OT. or is it?
kinda like a wreck or a fight, you gotta look! http://tv.breitbart.com/study-staring-at-breasts-increases-heart-health/
2
2

Painting Stucco
I want to paint my house. It is stucco over the block. House is about 10 years old. My questions are these: What is the best paint to use? There are some hairline cracks, will the paint be thick...
19
19

Tips needed for exterior house painting
I have a 1.5 story home, has original paint from 2000. I'm pretty sure it's ready for another as the caulking is cracking and the coverage looks thin. I live in a somewhat humid area -- NE KS. What...
8
8

Outdoor Home Automation
I thought I'd start a thread about home automation. I was trying to do something which I though would be simple but it's not... I have some insteon switches in the house, and was looking to move a bit...

OT - Stikkin' it to da man
Pretty uncivilized. American union people only use non lethal vandalism. Shows how much progress we have made. Joe
7
7

Re Plastering a Swimming Pool
We are looking at replastering a community swimming pool in Maryland and are researching the pros and cons of fiberglass vs. the conventional approach. Does anyone have first hand experience with...
5
5

KILZ And Ceiling Water Stains ?
Hello, A few fairly light to medium orange water stains have developed on our white bathroom ceiling due to water dam. The typical problem. A bit on in age now, and I would like to have to re-paint...
7
7

OT: Basic Phone Service with VOIP
I have a request for phone service at the rental house, there is already DSL there. Anyone have any experience or recommendations for adding either VOIP or Magic Jack? Vonage seems to be $26/month...
17
17

New American made drills
March 03, 2011

heating and cooling
------------------------------------- . / V\ / ` / < < | / | / | / | / \ \ / ( ) | | ________| _/_ | | < _________\______)\__)
3
3

Elementary carpentry question
Alright, so this is Carpentry 101, but I'm gonna ask it anyhow. Question concerns taking measurements where there is an inside corner: how do you do it accurately? F'rinstance, say you're sheeting the...
33
33

Shower Heads
As I type this post, I'm in a hotel room at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. The shower has dual heads - one from the side wall and one overhead. These things put out a LOT of water. My question is, how...
17
17