Subject Author Posted Replies

18v L-Lo battery problem
I got this battery last summer, all went fine and after season being over over for using it, put it in my colder/cooler basement during the past 2 seasons, as I was instructed. A month ago, i...
9
9

wall cabinets
greetings, i am planning on hanging some wall cabinets and am curious as to the height from the floor to the bottom of the cabinets...is there a standard height? there is not a counter top below the...
3
3

Bugs
Last evening, I was bitten again by something. I was bitten about a month ago on my arm, and had a round swelling mound at least two inches in diameter. Red and warm to the touch. Several points in...
17
17

self-propelled mower won't propel
I've got a Craftsman mower (917.372852, roughly ten years old or more)) that worked fine until one day last week when cutting heavy, wet grass. Since then, the self-propelled mechanism has little...
8
8

OT: Senior Texting Code
A friend keeps sending me senior "humor", most of which I delete, but thought this was at least minimally cute. Of course it couldn't POSSIBLY apply to any of US! HB "Because more seniors are texting...
1
1

Circuit requirements for undercabinet microwave
Doing some kitchen reno work recently in a family members condo. I ran all of the new electric lines, which called for 2 new countertop circuits as required by code. The plans originally called for a...
10
10

Timer valve to delay toilet refill?
One person [*] in our household will from time to time use too much paper, clogging the toilet -- and then flush it two or three times, with the predictable result, which the rest of us are getting...
45
45

water putty on outdoors application
I do a lot of outside restoration and find myself wanting to return to a building material that my brother and I used to make a home for our HO trains: water putty. When you're faced with a...
3
3

Solar light flashing
One of the solar lights around my planting bed has decided to start flashing all night. Actually strobing is probably a better indicator of how fast it is flashing. Anybody have any ideas about cause...
4
4

AC Blower Turns Off For 30 Seconds/Temp Differential
It's 80 degrees in my house with 58% humidity. Time for some AC. Comfort 90 Max (Rheem) with Central Air 2 questions: 1 - With the fan set to "On" and the temp set to 70, I turned on the AC. Here's...
5
5

any ideas for unwanted sand?
what to do with it? Got four 75 lb. bags in my pickup truck left over from winter. No use for it. Any ideas besides throwing it in the trash bin @ the dump? Am starting to use truck regularly and...
17
17

Flexible gas line
Looking to install a natural gas stove. Home currently uses a LP gas bottle fed stove. City natural gas has been installed into the residence. One section of black pipe has a cap allowing extending...
8
8

Home Depot has duck-not-tape
"[BANGOR, Maine] A duck nests in the garden center of the Home Depot store .... Employees sectioned off part of the center and posted a sign to ask customers not to disturb the duck." With pic of duck...
3
3

Fridge pops, snaps, clunks
Amana Energy Saver 18 cu. ft., fridge on bottom, freezer on top, from 1984, in constant service in a midwest US home. Makes lots of strange noises. Pops, snaps, clunks, and the like. I figger it is...
6
6

Window well below grade - how extend?
My window wells ended up slightly below grade after doing some work to improve drainage around the foundation. I would like to extend them by perhaps 6 to 10 inches to finish the job, but I'm stymied...
12
12