Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Anyone know if this is useful or decorative?
have passed this building in Atlanta a 100 times, but this is the first time I noticed something sticking out of the building. The building on the right of the road has a "vent" looking thing sticking...
5
5

Urinals for the home -> why not?
Here's the random thought of the day. Why wouldn't a urinal be "proper" or useful or ergonomic for the average home washroom? Aside from the case where you might have an all-female household, I would...
69
69

Commercial refrigeration question
I service freezers, for selling bagged ice. I have seen a run of dusty condensors, and this month, been changing out condensor fans. With the dirty condensor, the pressures and temps go up. Does that...
12
12

Door doesn't shut "right." New hinges
I have an indoor sauna -- not a hot-tub -- just a warm, wood-panel room, rocks, steam (we don't use the steam). Door to sauna is a typical household door, except it has a veneer of redwood over the...
1
1

OT - Motion Sensing Toilet Paper
I happened to be in a fairly new building yesterday and needed to use the restroom. I pushed the button on the wall and the door opened automatically. I used the urinal and it flushed itself as I...
28
28

OT - If God texted the ten commandments
Here is one way to communicate the 10 commandments, the older you are the longer it will take to read!! IF GOD TEXTED THE 10 COMMANDMENTS 1. no1 b4 me. srsly. 2. dnt wrshp pix/idols 3. no omg's 4. no...
1
1

Rewards of DIY repairs.....
Son has old gas clothes dryer that came with the house. Squeek and rattle, but it works and lives in the basement. He spent about $20 for a repair kit .. new belt and whatever .. Took off the front of...
2
2

Blood coming out of my stereo speakers
My computer sound is connected to my stereo system. I downloaded some sound effects. One of them was a gunshot sound. Right after I played that gunshot sound, blood began pouring out of both of my...
11
11

Choosing a Replacement Toilet
My wife and I are having tile installed and while we're at it, decided to replace the toilet and vanity. It seems to me that a toilet that has a larger than average siphon would be less likely to get...
18
18

where to get a drywall 'nail locator'?
All I need is a simple nail finder/locator for finding the nails in the drywall. I KNOW where the studs are, but need to find screws/nails behind the taping plaster. I remember years ago using a...
40
40

Painting
I used to buy all my paint at a small private company that has gone out of business. I bought something that was called Painter's Insurance. It was a can - said 100% acrylic -- of nearly clear liquid...
8
8

"hard start" on AC
I had my A.C./heat pump serviced today. The tech is suggesting adding something called a "hard start" to the compressor starting circut which supposedly reduces wear on the motor. And costs almost...
34
34

OT: "Minimum wage is enough to live on" -- but not in America
One of my wife's colleagues just returned from a conference in Melbourne, Australia, where he encountered an American woman working in a souvenir shop for minimum wage: $21 per hour (AUD is currently...
17
17

Rain, rain go away. Water in basement
I have some water seeping into my basement. It didn't used to bother me but we finally finished one section of the basement. Water is comming from in between the slab and the walls. I'm assuming it's...
6
6

Pa. Man Admits Stealing Cemetery Urns, Selling For Scrap
County Man Admits Stealing Cemetery Urns, Selling For Scrap December 7, 2011 8:30 PM NORTH COVENTRY Twp., Pa. (CBS) ? A Montgomery County, Pa. man is headed to state prison for at least two years...