Subject Author Posted Replies

Has anyone heard of using Silicone as a replacement for concrete?
Someone claims he heard of pavements made out of pure silicone (like the caulk). He said they are used for special conditions, but did not know anymore about it. I have to say that I could see this...
6
6

OT more humor to loosen up the republicans
  * ATD - At the Doctor's * BFF - Best Friends Funeral * BTW - Bring the Wheelchair * BYOT - Bring Your Own Teeth * CBM - Covered by Medicare * CUATSC - See You at the Senior Center * DWI - Driving...
8
8

Low hot water output
I am trying to figure out why I run out of hot water for my bathtub. Tub is from the mid 50's using a gas water heater. I flushed out the hot water tank but it was only slightly rust colored. Thanks,...
34
34

OT - Grammy's
Did anyone else notice something about the Beach Boys tribute last evening? When the youngsters were trying to simulate the Beach Boys sound they had nearly twenty musicians on the stage. the Beach...
7
7

Garage door panel not vertical
Yes. You should immediately call the installer, and say the same thing to him / her. A call to action! the time is now! Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . I just had a new garage door...
27
27

Interesting "transitional" wiring; how to splice?
Sadly, I had to attend the funeral of an elderly family member over the weekend. There is a house involved that will have to be sold soon as none of the descendants live in the area, and the "old...
46
46

Speaking of Holmes.... blooper
On an episode I watched this weekend, the one with the cold bathroom and squirrels in the attic, he and the HVAC contractor made a booboo.. He examined a gas forced air furnace with a bypass type...
2
2

Water hammer
Howdy folks! When the toilet shuts off, I hear a fairly loud water = hammer now. Never had that happen before until recently and have not = had any plumbing work done. I did a little net research and...
23
23

cleaning kitchen grout between floor tiles
What is the easiest way to do this? After I clean it, is a sealer really worth while?

wood trim nailed into hardiplank
If I want to replace some rotted wood trim that was nailed into hardiplank, when I go to nail the new trim back in place, do I need to predrill the holes into the hardiplank assuming I don't renail...
2
2

Moen Shower Valve - When to Replace
Mine aren't that old but they are getting close and of the 6 in my house I've had to replace two of them. I thought they were lifetime guarantee so next time one goes I'm going to call Moen and see if...
10
10

glazing bow windows on 80 year old house... question about inside window
hi, I have recently relgazed a large bow window on my house. my house is appox 80 years old. my question is regarding the inside of the window. I am going to paint the inside of the window . Side...
10
10

Gas cooktop slowness
About 10 years ago I installed a natural gas 4 burner cooktop. It works fine except the biggest burner takes forever to heat 3 qts of water. I still have my old electric cooktop hooked up (in a free...
21
21

Hot Water Recirculating Pump
True or False? A hot water recirculating pump won't decrease the amount of time it takes to get hot water to a fixture, it will only eliminate the waste caused by the water running down the drain....
20
20

Spilled water on fresh grout - what to do?
I was applying grout when I spilled about a cup of water all over the freshly applied grout. I immediately applied paper towels, but what should I do?
7
7