Why do power drills have R and L?

I don't care what the screw does inside, that's irrelevant to the user. The point is the rotation should be consistent. More should always be to the right.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I'll take that as a no.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

What a ridiculous idea, one that doesn't seem to be used often for some reason.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They cost 10 times as much.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If a seal can do it...

Reply to
rbowman

Only if you buy cheap tools. Anyway I lived near a Montgomery Wards distribution warehouse. If you broke something you took it back and got a new one. They never asked exactly how you stripped out a 1/2" ratchet.

Reply to
rbowman

some of us aren't soy boys.

Reply to
rbowman

It is a solution looking for a problem. one of the training exercises for multiengine pilots is handling an engine failure. Obviously having one working engine mounted out on a wing a long way from the central axis isn't ideal and the plane will yaw. With the Skymaster they're both on the axis.

Reply to
rbowman

The difference is you have more than 2 functioning brain cells

Reply to
Clare Snyder

A 3/4 inch drive socket on a breaker bar with 3 feet of Sched 80 pipe put on the nut, with the pipe touching the ground works pretty good if you put the car in gear and step on the gas.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

So they had to find another way to kill the pilot and passengers. Stick a heavy engine behind them. That should do it...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And skymasters were used quite often as jump planes - Military O-2 version with easily removed doors - Special Forces.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

thieving bastards ...couple of years ago I saw two being stopped trying to leave after puting their haul through self service tills without paying ...they indicated they would have to go and get their credit card as they had forgotten...followed them out laughing to ther polish sign written van then they drove off .... also had to evict thirteen of them living in an attic above a four storey tenement....paki landlord....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

hand drills are cool ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

never heard that before.....

According to Urban Dictionary, the term soy boy means: “Slang used to describe males who completely and utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities. This pathetic state is usually achieved by an over-indulgence of emasculating products and/or ideologies.

sissies we call them ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

sounds like fun I have always found working on an american car to be easy...my '66 mustang was frankly agriculteral with drum brakes all round etc....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

a splitter ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

There were some gotchas. I preferred 6 cylinder engines. Cramming a V-8 in the same engine compartment didn't do anything for the ease of service. I had a Lincoln where the hood opened forward. That was a joy.

Reply to
rbowman

Technically a dam and a splitter serve different functions.

Reply to
rbowman

I liked the medium duty doge trucks with the hood that opened over 90 degrees and the fendersthat hinged forward. Like a D600

Reply to
Clare Snyder