Why do cars "bong!" when you crash?

No it isn't.

Depends on the OS version.

Bollocks. Its a computer , its not magic.

And where exactly do you think they save their window and memory state? There's no hard disk and its not uploaded to the cloud. Sit down and have a little think about it.

Reply to
MrTurnip

wrote

No part.

Bullshit they aren't with the smaller ones like the mini.

Nothing crippled about it, you can do anything on them that you can do on a PC, just do it differently.

And it makes no sense to do things differently on an ipad and an iphone anyway.

Reply to
Rod Speed

wrote

Yes it is with what's in ram, running.

Not with iOS it doesn?t.

No magic require to work out which was use last and unload it when ram is getting short.

Not in ram, because that survives a full reboot.

Doesn?t need to be. That stuff is stored where the apps are stored, stupid.

Neither is the app.

You're the one that needs to do that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Do you believe that all the messages posted on newsgroups are remarkable in some way?

You don't seem to grasp that a monitor is larger than an old film print and that when a picture is viewed at the same distance, objects on the monitor appear larger.

When I say "zoom has less importance..." in that context it means only that. It does not mean "zoom has no importance", "I don't have a camera with zoom", "I only ever use a crapphone", "I don't wipe my bottom after going to the toilet" or anything else anybody might want to think.

Well done. It might be useful when you want an answer to a different argument.

Reply to
TMS320

Translation?

Really? So I want to listen to some music at the same time as browsing the web while also downloading a file. Tell us how to do that on toyOS.

Yes it does, they're different devices for different uses.

Reply to
MrTurnip

So it just dumps the process with the largest memory footprint without telling you? That sounds very user friendly.

[face palm]

You do realise that a reboot with an ipad is no such thing? It might restart the kernel but most state (eg all your settings) are saved. And where do you think its saved? In the United States of iOS magic realm? No, its saved in memory which is random access and might not even be reset if you pulled the battery out if its persistent.

This is like having a conversation with someone with brain damage.

Reply to
MrTurnip

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Yep, really.

Trivial. Start the music playing, Start the download, do the browsing.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that?s saying something.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Its not 'like' - it IS.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Couldn't you answer his question?

And just why does Apple have to be different? In fact you've just told = us you want phones and pads to be the same, then you want Apple to be di= fferent to PC. Do you like the same or different?

And leave them all on the screen so I can see them all at once?

What's silly about wanting washing machine to operate differently to a c= ar?

Reply to
Steven Watkins

No idea why you're changing the subject, but I'd say 90% of them. That's why I don't reply to every single one.

Learn the difference between size and resolution.

And you're still wrong.

This is for THIS argument. You seem to think looking at part of an image more closely magically gives it more dots. I guess you're one of those fuckwits that believes those CSI programs where they take a CCTV picture and magically zoom in on someone's face 50 times and see it crystal clear.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

No, you're not. I was replying to TMS and you were nothing to do with it.

That TMS doesn't understand this basic concept. I was replying to him remember? Check the notation at the top of this post.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

I've never understood this virtual screen thing. If I need to have more stuff running, I either buy another monitor, or I just click the running program on the taskbar to switch to it. Why do you need a pretend screen? Just have the other program you don't need to see behind the one you're using.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

I did answer his question. He tried to bullshit the answer away.

It chose to do it differently because even a terminal f****it such as yourself should have noticed that phones have much smaller screens than desktop PCs and that touch screen devices need to have a very different UI to a desktop PC with a keyboard and mouse. And even a terminal f****it such as yourself should have noticed that phones arent actually that practical with a keyboard and mouse.

Because they are both touch screen devices, and they overlap in size and it makes no sense to do things differently on phones and tablets with the user interface when so many use both.

I said that phones and tablets have to be different to desktop PCs.

Same for phones and tablets, different with devices that have a physical keyboard and mouse, because it makes no sense to try to have the same for those. Although some things, like voice control, can be done the same on all of them, and should be done the same when that is feasible too.

But with some things, like asking for some facts, with the latest intelligent devices, it makes sense to consider the context with some querys. Say for example you ask it 'what is the name of the current queen of england' and then the next question is 'and what is the name of her husband', it makes sense to answer Phil to the second question and the Google Home does that. But google used in a browser does not.

No point in showing you the screen continuously when playing music when you are also browsing and downloading, makes a lot more sense to notify you when the download completes.

And if you are on a phone call and are browsing something being discussed in the phone call, there is in fact a bar at the top of the screen that shows you that you are still on the phone call. Same with navigating.

Completely stupid to want the phone UI to be different to that on a tablet.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yep, you actually are that stupid.

That's not what virtual screens are about.

Ditto.

Nothing pretend about it.

That's not what virtual screens are about.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yeah, you're not wrong. He's just spouting random technical words in the hope he sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

Reply to
MrTurnip

Tell us then.

Just for the those of us obviously lower down the IQ scale than your supreme intellect, explain in simple terms exactly what that non volatile storage consists of. You can do that, right?

Reply to
MrTurnip

How many of you are there between those ears, child ?

How many of you are there between those ears, child ?

Reply to
Rod Speed

By that standard, the scenes I photograph are all remarkable.

I have. When are you?

Only if I wanted to significantly enlarge and crop a section of the picture when viewing it instead of using a zoom when taking it. That's all you're banging on about.

What happens if when viewing pictures I don't have a pressing need to enlarge and crop out sections?

It is...? Then where can I get a practical camera with 100x zoom? (FYI, zoom is area multiplier, not length multiplier.)

Yes, since the technique of making something from nothing has been around for a fairly long time, it is strange the software isn't now freely available. Must be a government conspiracy.

Reply to
TMS320

But Apple like to rip people off with after sales service.

Reply to
Steven Watkins

I think we'll take that as a no, you can't.

Reply to
MrTurnip