Whrlpool Dishwasher Pump Removal

I have a Whirlpool Dishwasher (Model DU8400XB0) that I am trying to replace the pump on. The pump housing and impellers need replacing. I also have the seals. The pump is held on by three screws. I can take those out, but still can not get the impeller off. From the spare part I have, it appears that it is just a press fit onto the shaft. The impeller assembly is plastic and has a brass end on it. Any ideas how this comes off?? Thanks.

-- Ken Amateur Radio N3KF

Please remove the *NOSPAM* from my E Mail address to reply to this message.

Reply to
Ken Florence

Hi,

The motor shaft often rusts and swells out, you may need to break off the old impellor...your changing it anyway.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

I agree, just try not to jar the motor bearings too much in the process or it may become noisy afterward. You might also want to clean up the motor shaft with a bit of emery cloth or steel wool before installing the replacement impeller.

BTW. Don't touch the seal faces with your bare fingers as oil residue for your skin can cause leaks and/or reduced life expectancy. And don't run the motor when the seals are dry, put a couple of cups of water in the dishwasher before you start it up.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to