Which faucets?

Looking to replace a kitchen faucet (want one with a pull-out spray) and a lavatory faucet (single-handle) in the house we just bought.

I know the names Delta, Moen, and Price-Pfister, but which brand is best? Or is it not possible to generalize? Any specific models to prefer or avoid?

FB

Reply to
Frederica Bloggs

I am particularly fond of Moen because they are a local (to me) company, their directions are easy enough for a completely inexperienced person to follow, their service is really wonderful and they go out of their way to help you with replacement parts & advice, if you need it.

I'm pretty sure those three brands are all excellent & it's probably a matter of style & price, but then I'm a complete plumbing newbie.

Reply to
montana

I've got a Delta 474 on the way. Email me and I'll let you know how it was to install.

Reply to
C G

Right. All are generally good. They make cheap ones too. Generally you get what you pay for. I like American Standard as well.

We built our last home and put a Delta Waterfall WF172 in WHITE in the 4 hole sink..single lever, spout, soap, spray.

Wife really liked it. We re building another home now and are getting the same again. We are getting AmericanStandard SEVA lav, tub,shower faucets for the 3 bathrooms however. Try looking around at

I ve ordered there before and will be getting the Waterfall from them.

Reply to
Rudy

I'd go with Moen or Delta. You can keep them forever if you want. The rest are made in China or Taiwan crap.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

My worst performers have been Price-Pfister. Best luck with Kohler (at Lowe's now) and Delta. Some local water supplies can be rougher on some brands than others, so it pays to ask around. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Never had to buy a part for Pfister - they send them for free. Trouble is, I've replaced plenty of parts due to finish issues.

Reply to
Jimmy