Wall Fan... What is going on.

My wall fan is connected to Google via Broadlink. Has been since forever. Yesterday, Google repeatedly replies with "That device has not been set up yet" every time I VOCALLY try to control the Wall Fan. Even when listed in a routine, Google will skip turning the Wall Fan on or off.

I stressed VOCALLY because when I manually go into the Home app, I can fully control my Wall Fan.

Here's another weird thing. I went into my Broadlink app and changed my Wall Fan's name to Bottle. The name in the Home app stays as wall fan. However, when I ask Google to turn off Bottle, it replies "Sure, turning off Wall Fan" and the wall fan turns off.

Also to take into consideration, I first tried changing the Wall Fan's name to just Fan. Google replied with the same "That device has not been set up yet" response when I ask it to turn the Fan on or off.

What is this problem with Google and fans?

Reply to
Hamzah Basir

Wow, when I saw "wall fan" I thought of a grey 10" fan mounted high on the wall of a bar, with Micky Spillane having a drink. The NY Daily News is on one of the tables and it's 1935.

In my world, only drunks yell at their broken wall fan.

You should go home. Your wife is sick of you drinking until 2 in the morning.

That's what she says: You spend too much time with a bottle.

Fan is a famous brand of cherry shnapps. You can't use the word for a fan or people get confused.

Who is this Google you talk about?

Reply to
micky

Like Micky, I pictured something that had a switch for maybe a choice of off and three speeds. This would be something a person would have to get out of his chair to change. There was a quote on a portable sign sometime ago that said. "I get most of my exercise shaking my head in disbelief". My goodness I'm old and will no help with this.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman