I just dumped ...

5 1/2 inches of rain from our gauge , and it's still raining . For the second time since we bought this place 20 years ago the creek is out of it's banks , the road on the other side is under water . This particular rain event started last night between 10 and midnight , that's a LOT of rain in like 16-18 hours for this area . I expect the total to be around 6 1/2 inches , considering the radar images I've been looking at .
Reply to
Snag

Can you stand on your house roof and wave the storms toward Nebraska? We have varying degrees of drought. I scooped snow once so far since Labor Day.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Yowsa ! Hope you're not in danger of a mudslide .. stay safe.

< hate to say it - with your weather .. > but .. We've had a sunny Spring-like day here in sw Ontario. but freezing rain & rain forecast for tomorrow. I got the little Honda 5000 out and < after 20 + years >

I finally rigged up a pair of wheels for it .. but it still needs levelers on the other end and handle<s> of-some-sort .. When I bought that genny in 1999 I could lift it from the ground up to my 3-step front porch by myself < as long as it wasn't _full_ of gas >

For several years I've asked a neighbour to help me lift it. Today I could barely pull it up the ramps with the 2 wheels helping .. it sucks getting old. I'm not sure which will come first - an auto standby genny ; an old age home ; or boot hill .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

That is why China sent a balloon to check on you. They had a plan to redirect the rain but before it could be implemented the damned thing was shot down.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Two weeks ago we got 8+ inches of heavy wet snow that downed power lines and broke the tops out of a lot of trees . A week ago we got hit with a double whammy ice storm that pretty much locked the whole area down . This week it's a massive rain storm system . I can hardly wait to see what next week has in store .

Reply to
Snag

Where are you. Can I come visit?

Reply to