Privacy screen for porch

I would like install a privacy screen for one half of one side of my porch.

I would like to use fiberglass window screening.

36 inches X 60 inches.

I have started building a frame for it.

There is frequently heavy breezes of around 20 mph.

I plan to install some eye bolts to the underside and hooks on the frame to make it easy to remove.

What are the pros/cons for making a plywood frame and attaching the screen material with hooks that are attached to the ceiling?

I tried the fiberglass screen material, but it does not offer much privacy.

AK

Why not just hang a simple, manual roll-up outdoor blind ? 1. no frame-building required 2. easy to install 3. easy to remove and roll-up for storage 4. easy to roll-up during severe weather

They are often made of fake-bamboo or fake-reed that can easily be hosed-off when needed. just an example - it's all of $ 20. :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

In your second line you said that's what you wanted to use. Was that just background and you've changed your mind?

Around here they call the fences in front of the kitchen sliding glass doors "privacy fences". They were simple when first built, but some have been replaced with vertical boards aranged so, halfway between / / / / / and ////// . IOW, you can't see through them but the wind can blow through them. I think they are 4" wide but other widths could be used to. You'd have to have a top and a bottom.

There is one-way vinyl or some kind of plastic sheeting, that lets you see out, pretty much, but is harder to see in.

And there is hubops answer. What kind of parents name someone Hubops?

Reply to
micky

Pages of inspiration

The Fish Wisperer

I appreciate the help. I just placed an order with Walmart.

andy

Reply to
AK