Tire black

Years ago there was a product called tire black. It was a kinda thin black paint and was used on anything made of rubber. It worked pretty good. I do n`t think it is made anymore---I can`t find it anywhere. The stuff in the s quirt bottles looks good for a very little while and then it`s gone. I need to dress up the rubber floor mat in a golf cart. What does anyone thi nk about using some thinned latex black paint. Or any other suggestions...H erb

Reply to
herb white

I'd probably just use some black spray paint. I saw some young guy spray paint colored stripes on the tires of his demo derby car. It seemed to hold up well. I'm not suggesting it, but after spinning around that muddy demo track, and crashing into all the cars, the paint appeared to hold up well.

Another thought is that "Flex Seal" stuff they advertise on tv, but it's costly.... And then there's truck bed liner spray...... just a thought!

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

Just get the McGuires tire-black or dupli-colour vinyl/carpet dye. Or Turtle Wax Endura-shine, or use black liquid shoe polish, or black vinyl top dressing, or Mother's Back-to-Black tire dressing.

If you can't find the stuff you are not looking hard enough or in the right place.

Reply to
clare

I just scrubbed mine down with murphys oil soap.

Greg

Reply to
gregz