BMW X3 or Audi Q5?

Better half is bugging me to downsize our main vehicle. What do you all think? I'd rather go down to Acura RDX from MDX.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I've always been a Toyota guy so I looked at the RAV4 (too small) and the Highlander (too big). After looking at several other medium SUVs I settled for a Lexus RX350.

Reply to
badgolferman

badgolferman posted for all of us...

Toyota now has a mid-size one which name I can't recall.

Reply to
Tekkie®

They have the Toyota Venza which is essentially a Camry station wagon or what they call crossovers these days. I really like the looks and the size, but after test driving one I wondered why it had the Toyota badge on it. It was noisy, rode rough, and the fit/finish inside was below standards. I was very disappointed since it was my first choice.

I am happy with my choice of the Lexus RX350. In my old age it was time to treat myself to something nice. The construction and reliability are top notch and the gas mileage isn't too bad either. I'm getting about 22 MPG all around and about 25 MPG on long trips going 80 MPH most of the time.

Reply to
badgolferman

IDK about the X3, but have experience with the X5. From what I've seen, it has problems that you would not expect from that kind of vehicle. A friend has Honda CRVs that cost less than half and from what I've seen, they are more reliable. He does a lot of driving, runs them up to 200K+ miles with few problems. AC system seems to be the weak link on the CRV, most of his problems have been with that. On the other hand, the BMW is a nicer car, looks sharper, handles very well, etc. Your choice.

Reply to
trader_4

After checking things out this Audi or BMW costs lot more for routine upkeep like oil change, air filter, etc. Decided to just down size to RDX trading in my MDX.

Reply to
Tony Hwang