The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to be fixed

Never knew the name of those damned cans and googling it says company is going broke:

I've said before that when the people in the EPA who mandated them die and go to hell they should have to spend eternity pouring gas on the hell fires from these cans.

Reply to
Frank

The article claims Blitz is going out of business because they can no longer afford liability insurance.

I guess we can blame America's stupid jury panels for awarding enormous settlements.

Reply to
Judge Wapler

....or greedy health insurance companies who continue to increase premiums cuz the profits are jes not enough!! ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Look around. See all the obese "eggs with legs" people.  See all the "eggs" riding the obesemobiles around Walmart?  These ticking fatbombs are just one french fry away from a coronary event.

I'm not an insurance company but if I was, I would not want to be forced to insure these fatasses.

Reply to
Chubbs

Yet, yer nick is "Chubbs". Hah!!

nb

Reply to
notbob

yeh, it's a shame that corporations make defective products and have to pay the piper.

Reply to
ZZyXX

you never miss a chance to bring your penis fetish into the discussion, do you?

Reply to
ZZyXX

Unfortunately, it is not always a defective products so much as failure to read and follow instructions or using the product for a use not intended. Much too easy to get a big payday for being stupid.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

What exactly was defective about the previous versions of gas cans?

Why is it the gas can manufacturer's fault when some numbnutz fills the tank on a hot lawnmower engine?

Or pours gasoline on a smoldering brush pile?

Reply to
Bernie Ward

The spill proof cans are only spill proof when not in use, e.g. you just tip it over. When you go to use them is when you tend to spill. No pressure inlet causes blurping when pouring and having to push the valve to keep it open often leads to spilling. It also might take 5-10 minutes to pour the contents of a 5 gallon can into your car gas tank.

Reply to
Frank