Gasoline cans, Blitz, out of business, where to get cap?

A bunch of my Blitz 5-gallon portable gas containers have the lousy spout broken (cracked around the center so that they now leak).

The company appears to be out of business, even though the gas cans are only a couple of years old.

The gas cans are fine. Just the spouts are broken. I never use the spout anyway. I just remove the spout and pour into a funnel.

Since I just use the spout as a gas cap, is there a replacement gas cap that you know about for the 5 gallon Blitz gas cans?

Reply to
Ablang

I believe you want this:

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I always threw the spout away and just use the cap ring. You can make a round blank out of just about any kind of heavy plastic and the plumbing department at the hardware store has a rubber ring the right size to seal it. The rubber ring will hold the disk in the cap ring.

Reply to
gfretwell

I will try that with the two broken spouts that I have. They do seem to be "stuck" in, so, to remove the centerpiece, I have to "break" something.

Reply to
Ablang

If it is a different color, it will pop right out.

Reply to
gfretwell