Speaking of "lack of candor"......

Attorney General Jeff Sessions' testimony that he opposed a proposal for Pr esident Donald Trump's 2016 campaign team to meet with Russians has been co ntradicted by three people who told Reuters they have spoken about the matt er to investigators with Special Counsel Robert Mueller or congressional co mmittees.

Sessions testified before Congress in November 2017 that he "pushed back" a gainst the proposal made by former campaign adviser George Papadopoulos at a March 31, 2016 campaign meeting. Then a senator from Alabama, Sessions ch aired the meeting as head of the Trump campaign's foreign policy team.

"Yes, I pushed back," Sessions told the House Judiciary Committee on Nov. 1

4, when asked whether he shut down Papadopoulos' proposed outreach to Russi a. Sessions has since also been interviewed by Mueller.

Three people who attended the March campaign meeting told Reuters they gave their version of events to FBI agents or congressional investigators probi ng Russian interference in the 2016 election. Although the accounts they pr ovided to Reuters differed in certain respects, all threes, who declined to be identified, said Sessions had expressed no objections to Papadopoulos' idea."

Remember this is the same Sessions who failed to disclose his meetings, at least 3 of them, with Russians. He claimed he had no contact. Then we find out he met with Russians at the GOP convention. (What are Russians doing there to begin with? Did Reagan and the Bushs have Russians at their conventions?) Then we find out he met with Russians in his Senate office! Oh, THOSE Russians...... Well that's it folks that's all there was. Then we have accusations that he met the Russian ambassador again at a foreign policy event in Philly. Sessions said, no way, never happened. That was the story for awhile, until more people said it did and maybe Sessions realized he'd have to talk to the FBI too. Then it became, well, I guess it could have happened, but I don't remember.

And then he fires McCabe for lack of candor? ROFL

Reply to
trader_4