Axe Head flew off handle THROUGH wall of my neighbor's house!!

Was chopping some spare wood in my back yard when the above transpired.

Entry "wound" is clean: original wood siding, no insulation exterior wall, and interior sheetrock is large V-shaped hole. Thank GOODNESS their kiddie s were out at the time as this is their room the axe head ended up in. The girl's doll house was smashed to all hell, and there's a big nick in the h ardwood floor where the head was embedded, but despite all of this, no bloo d spilled.

Sheesh! Since it was such a clean "cut", would this be an easy repair??

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Wait until the neighbor gives you a bill. He's bound to be angry about this and you don't want to make him angrier by dickering with him about the price. Then, pay the bill he gives you. If you think the price is hundreds of dollars too high, quickly check with us or somewhere else and depending on what you hear, maybe discuss it with him. But even then, you should probably just pay it.

You could have killed, or maybe worse, brain-damaged his kid, and it's your fault.

Next time you chop wood, stand so the axe-head will go into your house.

Reply to
micky

Nothing to it. Super Glue the axe head into the hole it created. It should be an almost perfect fit.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

What is "spare wood"?

I'll believe it when I see a picture.

It went through the siding, the sheathing, the drywall and the doll house yet still had enough force to embed itself in a hardwood floor? Again, let's see a picture. I'll settle for picture of just the hole in the wall.

I'm guessing that no repair is required.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

, and interior sheetrock is large V-shaped hole. Thank GOODNESS their kidd ies were out at the time as this is their room the axe head ended up in. T he girl's doll house was smashed to all hell, and there's a big nick in the hardwood floor where the head was embedded, but despite all of this, no bl ood spilled.

U are a frickin TROLL.

Reply to
Roy

How abouit a picture of the handle it came off of. I'd believe his story with that picture just as much as I believe the OP. IOW, Not at all.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Since it's a clean cut, a local (to you) surgeon should be able to do this up with a glue tray. Should heal up in a couple weeks.

As to the vinyl siding, get a patch kit like used on water beds, or blow up dolls at the sex shop.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hehehehe.

Reply to
Julie Bove

So that's how your homes are constructed in Stamford / Greenwich CT?

No insulation?

Reply to
HomeGuy

Would be if it actually happened. I've been chopping and s plitting wood too long to think an axe head would have that much force once it hit the siding.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

ll, and interior sheetrock is large V-shaped hole. Thank GOODNESS their ki ddies were out at the time as this is their room the axe head ended up in. The girl's doll house was smashed to all hell, and there's a big nick in t he hardwood floor where the head was embedded, but despite all of this, no blood spilled.

+1

I'd like to see the pics too. Maybe he left out the part about using C4 to propel the axe.

Reply to
trader_4

Rocks,

Call your insurance agent now. This is why you have insurance.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

If the exterior sheathing of the house was fiberboard, I could almost envision an axe head with enough speed to go through fiberboard.

But, if the sheathing were OSB and there's wood clapboard siding over that, then there's no way the axe head could go through that unless someone swung that axe full force at the house.

Reply to
nestork

So how big is your neighbor's trailer, anyway?

Reply to
Larry W

Have we made a "Doubting Thomas" out of you? (-: There's "reasonable doubt" here as in it's reasonable to doubt such an event ever occured.

Why just the other day I was working out back, found a sword embedded in a big rock, pulled it out and now I am the King of England!

It's like the JFK super bullet!

Reply to
Robert Green

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

The neighbors homeowners insurance co will subrogate with your homeowner co. You are lucky.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I wonder if he had his companion Babe the Blue Ox alongside. Do kids these days hear these legends?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Could be if it is a very old house. I had a house on Cape Cod with no insulation. It was hell living there. Couldn't get it warm in the winter. And it had tons of windows with few that opened. So hot in the summer.

Reply to
Julie Bove

Except that despite all the ridicule from the the conspiracy theorists, sound science shows that what the "magic bullet" did was entirely possible. Last November, NOVA had an excellent show reviewing the trajectory, condition of the bullet, etc using modern forensics and the conclusion was nothing magic was required.

Among the things they pointed out:

One thing the non-believers say is that it required the bullet to make a zig-zag in mid-air. NOVA pointed out that is because the doubters are using the wrong assumption about the actual location of the jump seat that Connoly was riding in. It was actually located off to the left and lower than the rear seat where JFK was sitting, putting it in perfect alignment.

Then they say the bullet could not be in pristine condition if it had done all the damage the Warren Commission claimed. In fact it was not pristine, it actually was squashed and deformed as if it had been squeezed from the sides, with lead squeezed out. They fired the same round through ballistic jell and it came out looking perfect. Even more interesting, the shape of that round is very unusual and what it did left more evidence that confirms the single bullet theory.

They used high speed photography to video the bullet passing through ballistic jell simulating JFK's body. It passes through most of the way on a straight path, but as it leaves the jell, it starts to tumble. On JFK's jacket, there is a single round hole with some black marking around it, indicating that was the first thing the bullet hit. On Connaly's jacket, there is a hole in the distinct shape of the bullet being sideways, with no black marking, ie it looks like a slit. The surgeon also reported that Connaly's back wound was a slit, not a round hole. Having slowed substantially, and traveling sideways, the bullet wound up breaking Connaly's rib and wrist. On the X-rays, there are visible tiny fragments of metal left in Connaly, consistent with the lead the small amount of lead that was squeezed out of the slowed bullet by it's impact with his wrist.

The Myth Busters guys did a show on it a few years ago too and came to the same conclusion, ie that the trajectories line up, nothing magical was required and it's entirely possible that the single bullet theory accounting for the wounds in JFK's neck and Connaly was entirely possible.

Reply to
trader_4

Hey, who said it wasn't? It was indeed a "super bullet" to do all that damage but it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility. What troubles me more is Oswald's easy ability to move back and forth between the USSR and the US at the height of the cold war. Jack Ruby's shadowy connections and assassination of Oswald don't sit well with me, either. Were there more people that Oswald involved? Maybe. Were they at the TBD? Maybe not. Maybe, like Mark Felt, there will be a death bed confession from someone in the future that sheds some light on the big outstanding questions, but I doubt it. A lot of people that were investigated at one time or another ended up dying early deaths. Cue Twilight Zone music.

Now I've got to get back outside to tend to my magic beanstalk. The one next to the stone that held the sword - right across from the magic wishing well and the bird coop that holds the goose that lays my golden eggs and flying magic axehandles. (-:

Reply to
Robert Green