CCTV of the recent road accident near the Natural History Museum

I haven't seen any. Seems odd.
Bill
On 09/10/2017 04:00, Bill Wright wrote:

Possibly because: i) It wasn't terrorism ii) It was an accident and the Police are not lo1oking for the driver iii) All parties involved have been identified
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

On Monday, 9 October 2017 08:02:36 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:

More likely it WAS terrorism and they don't want us to know.
Well, Its one of those pet shared surfaces schemes around they, heaven forbid it gets any bad press the millions spent to make it impossible to use if you are not young able bodied andcan see. Brian
--
----- -
The driver appears to have been on the Cromwell Road (not a shared surface) and attempted to turn left onto the shared surface BEFORE the traffic light. He went left of the traffic light post (which was on the kerb) and drove diagonally across the pavement onto the shared surface road.
On Mon, 09 Oct 2017 08:48:12 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

On 09-Oct-17 9:20 AM, Bob Eager wrote:

That doesn't mean that confusion over the shared space didn't contribute to the accident.

Colin Bignell
On Mon, 09 Oct 2017 10:01:35 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

I can't see how. There are posts to stop you getting onto the shared space from that direction; by leaving the road before the traffic lights, he was deliberately avoiding those. There can have been no confusion.
On 09/10/2017 09:20, Bob Eager wrote:

This was a mini cab driver, I suppose. How could somebody who makes his living by driving do something daft like that?

Presumably by being too stupid to make their living in a field that requires more than ear to ear dog shit between the ears.

On 09/10/2017 10:21, GB wrote:

Any of the traits I've met or suspected in London PHV drivers over the years - drugs, working for the previous 16 hours, not acclimatised to UK road conditions, never taken a driving test...
--
Robin

Wouldn't be the first cab or delivery driver who thinks traffic laws don't apply to them.
--
*On the other hand, you have different fingers*

On 09/10/2017 10:21, GB wrote:

Yup. I had to stop a black cab today and point out that he was driving the wrong way along a one way street.
To be fair, he was apologetic, thanked me and turned around straight away - unlike the cyclist who I met on the same road a couple of hours later.
The cyclist turned against a no left-turn/no entry sign into the road that I was on. As I was coming to the end of the road and intended to turn right, I was well over on the right side. I hit the brakes, lights and horn and came to a stop. He swung across the front of my car, stopping right in front, then passed along my left side, stopping to spit on the car.
Over recent years I have met three cars going the wrong way there and told them, each has been apologetic and thankful - only one continued and that was because he couldn't have turned with the large trailer he was towing.
I have met a fair-few more cyclists than that and all have been rude and then continued on as before.
SteveW
[13 lines snipped]

Sounds about right. In some years of walking to work through the City of London I repeatedly saw similar behaviour, up to and including a cyclist dismounting and assaulting a pedestrian who remonstrated with him for riding through a red light and a stream of pedestrians crossing the road.
--
Today is Pungenday, the 64th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3183

How odd that they didn’t care with the other ones.

If you decided to run down people, you'd likely choose something a bit bigger than a Prius.
--
*Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.*

On 09/10/2017 08:02, alan_m wrote:

But it was news, and anyone with CCTV could make a bit by selling to a broadcaster or a newspaper website.
Bill

The fact that this hasn't happened makes me suspicious that the police have instructed newspapers not to publish footage. Of course, once it was announced that it was not a terrorist incident, the incident became less newsworthy, but until then I'd have thought the people with footage which showed what happened might have released it to the papers.
What is the current situation as regarded suspected terrorist attacks: do the police immediately issue a D Notice (or whatever the modern equivalent is) banning publication until there has been further analysis, after which it is not "news" if it is only an accident and not a terrorist incident.
And what about private publication on Youtube etc? Do the police issue immediate "takedown" instructions to Youtube? Now that it's not terrorist, maybe some footage will come to light.
Was he an idiot who couldn't read the road and turned too soon onto a pavement, or did he have some sort of medical incident that led to the car going out of control? I wonder if it was the dreaded problem with automatic cars of the driver hitting the accelerator instead of the brake and then not being able to stop quickly enough (the "elderly person driving into a shop window" type of accident - though I believe this guy was not elderly).
Very impressive that armed police were on hand to react so quickly. I imagine that the Kensington museums are seen as a likely target so there may be police on standby close by.
On 09/10/2017 13:37, NY wrote:

At last a reasoned response.
Bill
On 09/10/2017 13:37, NY wrote:

I think that there is an embassy (I think French) literally across the road from the NH museum. There are usually 2 or 3 armed police stationed outside.
--
Chris B (News)

Not sure there'd be any private cameras in Exhibition Road.
--
Small asylum seeker wanted as mud flap, must be flexible and willing to travel