RAM Kitchens - need a hinge

Hi, does anyone know where I might be able to get a hinge to fit a RAM kitchen wall cabinet? Its no 6 type - metal and plastic.

One of mine is faulty. OH has said he can replace it. I found a place on the internet which said it did RAM discontinued parts but it seems it too is discontinued ( I phoned - number not obtainable).

If anyone knows these kitchens , can you suggest where I might purchase a hinge for said cabinet - or one that is the same but a different make ?

Reply to
sweetheart

It doesn't look a million miles from a normal Blum hinge

I assume you've got another non-broken example on a different cabinet? Send OH to the shops with it to compare with what's available ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

... and replace all (usually two) hinges on the cabinet, then it doesn't have to be an exact match.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Thank you both for your replies.

My OH hardly ever leaves the house these days. He looked at screwfix on the internet and I ordered a pack of two Blum hinges. However, I cannot collect until tomorrow so I do not know if they will fit.

Reply to
sweetheart

Too busy fitting the new CH and giving the old boiler a good servicing by any chance?

Reply to
ARW

tchen wall cabinet? Its no 6 type - metal and plastic.

I got the blum ones from screwfix but they wont fit it seems. A bit sad. Th ey are very similar but the old RAM ones seem to be push fits rather than s crewed ..... anyway, I guess I am stuck. OH has changed the hinge for one off another cabinet door which I use less.

Nothing these days ever fits properly, I guess its the manufacturers way of insuring you have to buy a new kitchen from them.

Reply to
sweetheart

Well there are variations in hole sizes and offset distances which is why I suggested taking one in to compare. If OH has a drill press you can get a hinge hole cutter to allow fitting the new ones a few inches up or down from the originals ... don't try doing it free-hand it will wander all over and make a useless hole.

Reply to
Andy Burns

+1

You *can* get flange-mount ones which don't need a hole at all. If it is a heavy door you could fit two pairs. It does require someone with a bit of "feel" to fit screws securely into chipboard, I find a pilot hole is essential.

newshound

If You have two cupboards side by side, you can drill right through and bolt the hinge on one side to the hinge on the other. That is then an

*extremely* strong fixing!
Reply to
GB