CCTV of the recent road accident near the Natural History Museum

Yup. I had to stop a black cab today and point out that he was driving the wrong way along a one way street.

To be fair, he was apologetic, thanked me and turned around straight away - unlike the cyclist who I met on the same road a couple of hours later.

The cyclist turned against a no left-turn/no entry sign into the road that I was on. As I was coming to the end of the road and intended to turn right, I was well over on the right side. I hit the brakes, lights and horn and came to a stop. He swung across the front of my car, stopping right in front, then passed along my left side, stopping to spit on the car.

Over recent years I have met three cars going the wrong way there and told them, each has been apologetic and thankful - only one continued and that was because he couldn't have turned with the large trailer he was towing.

I have met a fair-few more cyclists than that and all have been rude and then continued on as before.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

At last a reasoned response.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

The press had lots of photos taken immediately after the accident. I am pretty sure some of the photos were also shown in TV news programmes.

Reply to
Martin

I think that there is an embassy (I think French) literally across the road from the NH museum. There are usually 2 or 3 armed police stationed outside.

Reply to
Chris B
[13 lines snipped]

Sounds about right. In some years of walking to work through the City of London I repeatedly saw similar behaviour, up to and including a cyclist dismounting and assaulting a pedestrian who remonstrated with him for riding through a red light and a stream of pedestrians crossing the road.

Reply to
Huge

Probly cus it don't ave any connectoin to diy!

Reply to
johgliving

Photos taken after the event only show the result of the collision, which is not evidence of how it occurred. CCTV footage is.

Reply to
Nightjar

My reply had nothing to do with evidence OP Bill said "I haven't seen any. Seems odd." In another post I gave links to photos in the press and videos on TV.

Reply to
Martin

A simple question: Are there any CCTV cameras in that area?

Reply to
Peter Duncanson

Almost certainly. Anyway it is irrelevant as the driver was arrested, charged with dangerous and is on bail.

Reply to
Martin

and if it's true CCTV will you ever get to see them. Remmeber CCTV and webcams are a differnt setup, CC as in closed circuit mean not everyone has the right to see them.

Reply to
whisky-dave