intment: Now Why Say That?

The Daily Beast: PM Cheat Sheet wrote in Kanyakubj Brahmins:

Apr 18 > >If you're having trouble viewing this email, you can view it in a browser. > DAILY BEAST > CHEAT SHEET > >1. ‘OH MY GOD’ >Trump Said ‘I’m F*cked’ After Mueller’s Appointment: Report > >President Trump has long claimed that he had nothing to fear from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s >investigation—but according to an anecdote in the report, he was terrified when he found out Mueller was >appointed. When former Attorney General Jeff Sessions told Trump that Mueller had been appointed on May >17, 2017, Trump reportedly responded, “Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m >f***ed,” before ripping into Sessions for recusing himself from the investigation. Sessions allegedly recalled >that Trump said something in the vein of “you were supposed to protect me,” before adding that “Everyone >tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I >won’t be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me.”

"Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I'm f*cked," Trump said.

Reply to
bruce2bowser

He may still be right. The Southern District of NY is still investigating other Trump matters that were not part of the Russia investigation. Who knows what all Mueller and Co referred. Like his inauguration that raised $107 mil and no one knows where most of it went. Mysteries like Melania;s friend getting $27 mil for event planning, that went to a company formed just weeks before the inauguration. What's an LA event planner doing running a big event in DC? The $107 mil was twice the previous record set by OBama and he had name brand entertainment, more balls, etc. Maybe the trumpets can explain that, given that Trump wasn't going to take outside money, was going to self-fund, wasn't going to be beholden to donors and special interest.

With the Mueller investigation, Trump would have come out smelling like a rose, if he hadn't done all the stupid acts, all the attempts at obstruction. Imagine if Trump had just said that any accusation that Russia meddled in our election is serious, it needs to be investigated, I've ordered all my people to cooperate fully. Then let it proceed and not vilify the DOJ, the FBI, Mueller, not try to obstruct it, etc. The interesting defense from the trumpets is, but what did you expect? That's Trump. Indeed, that's true. The real question then is why is someone that's so stupid, so incapable of controlling himself, so reckless, sitting in the oval office?

Reply to
trader_4

I can even understand them voting for him in the general election, rejecting Hillary and hoping that he would straighten up, become presidential. What is stunning is that his supporters still stick with him at 42%, despite all the mental behavior, the lies, the stupid tweets. Did you see the one while Notre Dame was burning? Trump tweeted that it was on fire, suggested that they use air tankers to put it out and ended with "Must act quickly"! Good we have such an astute president. What an embarrassment.

It will be interesting to see Mueller testify before Congress and what the Democrats want to do, how they resolve between the ones that are itching for impeachment and the leadership that clearly doesn't want that. IMO, it would be a mistake and might cost the Democrats the election. Similarly, the GOP is now out to investigate the investigation and try to make a case that it was all a partisan witch hunt. That could backfire too. I have no problem with them investigating, but I would think most Americans would prefer to just move on and let the election resolve it.

Speaking of Mueller's report, one thing I didn't see much mention of is that it apparently says that George the Greek's story was that he can't recall if he told anyone at the campaign about the fact that Russia had stolen the damaging DNC emails. So, he admits he learned about it from a Russian contact, he bragged about it to the Aussie diplomat in London at a bar, but he can't recall if he told anyone at the Trump campaign?

ROFL

Only a trumptard could believe that. No wonder Mueller convicted him for lying about what parts of his BS that he could prove were lies. Everyone with a pulse knows he's lying, that he told someone at the campaign and he knows who it was and what he told them. But there is no way to prove that lie. I suspect Trump will pardon him.

Reply to
trader_4

That’s very arguable with all of Ike, Truman, JFK, Nixon etc.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That doesn't answer the byline's question.

Reply to
mogulah

You talkin' to me? Unfortunately the president I voted for isn't the president I got. As usual. I still wouldn't have voted for Clinton, which left the Libertarian from outer space, iirc. I thought the slogan was MAGA, not MIGA.

Reply to
rbowman

afaik, Gary Johnson was the only person on offer who was not a liar or cheat; he was merely a nut job. Still, that might have been better.

Reply to
rbowman

To you, but not about you.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli

Since the report is one sided, i.e. someone said that Trump said what he said, it may be in doubt.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

On 4/20/19 1:18 PM, trader_4 wrote: Cut a bunch.

Scissored more.

“Politics is just show business for ugly people” From:

There are more versions of that quote floating around. There's nothing about ethics. I picked Jay's just because someone might find something there worth a chuckle or two. I vote Libertarian if there happens to be one on the ballot. Nebraska is almost guaranteed to go Republican. I would've voted for Trump if there was a chance it would've gone to HRC as the lesser of two evils. Plus the dems had the White House for eight years which is plenty. The best thing politicians could do is pass laws eliminating their predecessor's attempts to control our lives. We don't need laws telling us to turn on our headlights if we turned on the wipers.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I disagree. So many people are too stupid to do that, I want there to be a law requiring cars to automatically switch on the headlights if the wipers are on for more than, say, 30 seconds.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli

Not arrested. Where did I say that individuals should be arrested for failing to turn on their headlights? I want car manufacturers to put in an additional 20-cent circuit. You see what you want to see.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli

No need for any new circuit, just another bit of code in the computer.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Let's assume for the moment that the law only applies to manufacturer's like the DRL mandate in Canada. That did a good job of negating any advantage motorcycles had from their always on headlights.

So if an officer sees a vehicle with the wipers on and the headlights off, is that an equipment violation? Or is the vehicle too old to be covered by the mandate?

This is not a hypothetical question. I was once stopped because the cop saw my headlights were on and my tail lights were not and assumed they were defective. This was before DLRs were more common but the manufacturer decided to add the 20 cent circuit to cover the Canadian mandate.

Once you have a law, somebody will want to enforce it. It would have been a fun enhancement today. I was driving through drizzle, overcast, heavy rain, and sunshine at close to 30 second intervals today.

Reply to
rbowman

The local concrete company runs their trucks lights on all the time. It's surprising how much more noticeable those big white trucks are. There's a yeahbut to everyone running lights on. Motorcycles. Headlights on bikes are one defense we have from inattentive people in their regular vehicles.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

The best defense still is to consider other motorists as zombies on wheels. After a few hundred thousand miles driving a bright red truck that was 67' long and 13' high I'm convinced many drivers can overlook almost anything.

Then there are the type A masters of the universe who do see you but think playing chicken with a Volvo White is going to result in anything other than a badly bent BMW.

Reply to
rbowman

Around here, unless you do something to really piss them off, cops seldom get out of their cars when it's raining.

Reply to
Marius Josipovic

I consider the point moot for me. I always have my headlights on.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli