Song about Socket wrenches

In the 60's a group recorded a song called Socket to me. I can only guess that the song was written by an auto mechanic. But were they singing about Metric or SAE sockets?

Socket to me, Socket to me baby, Socket to me baby.... You gotta Socket to me.

Can you remember the name of the group? (if your younger than 60, you wont get it). :)

Reply to
Bud

I think it wss Judy Carne and RMNixon.

Reply to