solution to clean polyurethaned wood floors

As long as it's still sealed well, just about anything will work. But I'd still be careful with any water on a wood floor.

Once upon a time, hardwood was just cleaned with varsol or mineral spirits, and an old rag by hand. I still do it that way.

AMUN

Reply to
Amun

Hi. Last year we had our hardwood floors refinished. The person who did the floor recommended cleaning them, when necessary to remove a spot or whatever with a solution of half windex/half water. I have also heard of half vinegar/half water. Anyone else have any cleaners they recommend. I realize when cleaning not to saturate the mop or floor. Thanks for your help.

Eric

Reply to
Eric and Megan Swope

I use a spray bottle filled with windex and water, and a hardwood floor "mop" (flat head covered with removable cotton towelling). That keeps the floors clean and undamaged.

HTH

Donna

Reply to
Donna