Hoover Floormate H3000

Hi, I have a hoover floor mate and when it worked i liked it a lot. I have all hardwood floors in my house and it did a great job of cleaning it seemed. Of course it broke a few months after I bought it. It stopped dispensing cleaning solution (I used the recommended brands). 2 other people I know have had the same problem with it, as well as several posts on the internet allude to this being a general problem. Anyone know how to fix it? It is now out of warranty now and I refuse to bring it in to get it fixed since it really is a cheaply made unit (even though the idea is great).

Does anyone know of a similar non-hoover product that does the same thing (wet clean a hardwood floor and suck up the water)? I don't need something that cleans rugs since I don't have any.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Stan Poliskey

My sister has a Floormate and loves it - never mentioned any problems. I use a steam cleaner on my floors and it works very well. They can be used on sealed (varnished) wood floors. Since there are no moving parts and there is no need for special solutions, it is reliable, quite, and cheap to buy and operate. You might consider getting one to replace the Floormate. They come in two configurations. One is a self-contained unit that is a dedicated mop. The other type has the boiler on casters and a hose with attachments very much like a canister style vacuum cleaner. Here are a couple of examples:

Vox Humana

Which type do you have Vox?

Reply to
me6