Cleaning Hardwood Floors

I have a large kitchen and breakfast room that have hardwood floors. What is the best way to clean them on a weekly basis?

Reply to
Pat in Atlanta

Vacume?

When I had swedish finish put on my floors, I was told to use a cup of vinegar in a gallon of water.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

If they are Bruce pre finished floors, Bruce makes a cleaner that works well.

Reply to
Art

Dust mop or vacuum.

Reply to
Phisherman

This is a kitchen. It needs more than dusting.

Reply to
Pat in Atlanta

Reply to
Phisherman

We had new hardwood floors installed throughout last spring, including kitchen. They were done by an old timer, in business for 40 years. He recommended daily spot cleaning with a damp paper towel, and weekly damp mopping with water only, or to add a bit of vinegar for stubborn stains. He stressed not to use any commercial product because of product build-up. Personally, I feel that the kitchen floor isn't really clean until I actually get down on my knees each week to wet wipe it rather than use a mop. For the rest of the house I use a Shark cordless vacuum and those Swiffer mops on a daily basis. (I should own stock in the company!}

Liz

Reply to
Liz