On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 06:09:42 GMT, "xkatx"
Without special equipment/procedures, you can only remove so much; and
even then, there are limitations, technically.
Once your floor dries, run your index finger tip over a few inches. If
it picks up anything, that shows how much cleaner your floor could be.
In most cases, it is detergent residue, from overkill.
Detergent manufacturers write the directions so the consumer will use
as much product as possible. In most cases, that amount is far greater
than what is actually needed to do the job.
That problem is almost always compounded by the fact that people use too
little water in their mop bucket. So, dirt that is picked up gets
re-suspended and put back on the floor more evenly. A gallon of mop
water will only hold so much dirt, regardless of how much detergent is
used or how expensive the detergent is.
What about rinsing? With a few exceptions, healthcare facilities use
no-rinse products. Some dilute as much as 1:512 (product:water)
So, do the finger tip test, and if you find more than you can stand, use
more water and/or less detergent--until you get the results you're
Whatever it takes.