Scan 70 Blower Motor

I have a gas fireplace insert that the blower motor has worn out. Apparently, I cannot acquire the replacement from any distributor or the manufacturer as the fireplace is no longer manufactured. Does anybody know where I can get one of these? The fireplace was made by Scan and is a model 70. I need the entire blower motor apparatus.

Thanks. Randy

Reply to
Randy

I'm sure Fasco manufactures a motor that will fit. I'd try an electric motor shop which usually caters to industrial and HVAC service people. We have several in my area that can usually come up with something that will fit.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

evodawg

Grainger has about anything mechanical, but how is it worn out, is it thermostat controled, are you sure its getting electric. Older motors often have oil ports above the bearings.

Reply to
ransley

There is no motor that can't be fixed I rewind them and service them in Canada

Reply to
woodenhead