Carrier 58MVP blower motor control.

My Carrier 58MVP120F15120 HVAC mulfuntioned. Blower would not start. I found responsible for failure component as thermistor or varistor (not sure) TR01 on the PCB board inside control unit of the blower motor. Unit is mounted in the round steel case on the face of the motor. Part number of this element is SG348 and looks like disc, size of a dime with 2 legs. One of them disconnected. Part number of complete control unit is DG02 0200GX made by GE for 3/4 HP motor.

  1. Does anyone know specs for SG348?
  2. Any sugestions for replacement.
  3. Availability of spare part or control unit.
Reply to
Mr. Fix It

Sounds like you just need a ecm module, the piece that sits on the end of the motor. Make sure you get the right part from GE. I order them from any Carrier wholesaler. Make sure you have the model and serial number, and also the series and product number, before you have them cross reference parts.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

Reply to
Anonymous

It is a follow up to my own post. I did not need complete control module to blower motor. I fixed this module by replacing NTC Thermistor, which opened. Temporarily you can just jump this across but remember newer test furnace with open inspection door or filter door. Open door will cause 50% increase of load on motor power supply. The thermistor is surge-gard type made by RTI.

Reply to
Mr. Fix It