Removing Dishwasher...

i have to call in a handyman to remove a built in dishwasher. would you have any idea how long this may take to do.also how long would it take to install a new one..ie plumbing...

its just that i work odd hours and he is available only evenings through the week Yes i could call him and ask him i know but i would rather ask you people instead.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Daisy Pane

When I bought a new DW a month or so ago, the dealer charge me $85 to removed the old one and haul it away, install the new one. They sent two guys and it took them about 2 hours. IIRC, Sears charges about $100 to install a new one if there was an old one in place.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Removing a built in dishwasher is usually quite easy. If the dishwasher that is being removed is very old requiring the handyman to extend water/electrical connections it could take another hour or two. I did it myself in under an hour no problem.

Reply to
ceraboy

thanks for your time :)

Reply to
Daisy Pane

thanks for yoour time :)

Reply to
Daisy Pane

If everything goes well about an hour. Maybe two.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

When we had ours replaced a couple years ago, it took one tech about 30 minutes to remove the old one and install the new one. He did a good job; it was easy work. Or at least, he made it look easy.

Marc

Reply to
MAG

thanks steve