Re: OT. 2nd Amendment Ruling.

In NC you can open carry without restrictions. For a CCW you spend a day in class mostly for the law and shoot a few rounds to make sure you know what end of the gun the bullets come out of. Then a back ground check. You pay for the class, usually $ 50 to $100 and some more for the back ground check.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I heard ruling affects DE. Few are turned down but it does require approval by a judge that you need to carry. Otherwise it requires affidavits from 5 non related residents, a public notice in the paper, fingerprinting, an approved course plus range qualification. It will cost you about $500 and approval can take 6 months. Then permit is only good for three years and you have to pay more and do another few things to get it re-approved which can take months. So even if the need to carry rule is overturned these other requirements make it onerous to get a permit.

Another odd thing is that while DE allows reciprocal carry from other states it does not allow this for a DE resident with a permit from another state.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

It will be interesting to see how NY responds to this. Already they are running around with their hair on fire, somehow trying to link increasing violent crimes in NYC with legal gun owners, which is totally bogus. So I would not be surprised that the NY version of this will be a month of classes, a week at the shooting range, recertification every year, a year for the police to investigate you, etc. Then they will declare that 99% of the city, including the most crime ridden, like the subways, are sensitive areas where legal guns are banned and only the criminals can have them. In other words, I see more court cases before states like NY and NJ do what the SC just told them they need to do.

I know a guy here in NJ that transports large amounts of cash to the bank for his business. He tried to get a carry permit, they told him no, hire an armor car service. You need a judge to approve a permit, so if you're juiced up, that's been the only way to get one.

It's also interesting that the libs keep claiming this is good to lead to awful death and violence, as if we don't already have experience in states and cities like FL, Miami, TX, Dallas, etc. If there is increased deaths and violence there from legal gun owners, I haven't seen it. It's almost all the usual bad guys, archcriminals that are responsible.

Reply to
trader_4

Send those ideas to NY. That's what I expect is coming next, they will start issuing them, but institute a draconian process of BS that will require more court cases. NJ requires a judge too, but the bar is so high that the only ones that have a chance are someone who is juiced up politically. Even if you transport cash or similar valuable for your small business or have a nutty former spouse threatening you, that's not enough.

Reply to
trader_4

Here is an interesting hypothetical. Suppose some folks in NY decided to start carrying right now, before NY does anything? If they got caught by the cops, what would happen? The law is unconstitutional it should not stand up for a conviction in court. If NY doesn't get a new law passed fast, we'll find out, it's only a matter of time before someone does get caught, even if it's accidentally. Through all this, the most despicable thing NYC was doing was screwing innocent law abiding people at NYC airports. Typical scenario is they were changing flights there, had checked their firearms in Texas or wherever they originated from, get to NYC and the next flight gets cancelled, no flight until tomorrow. So, they recover their luggage including the firearm, go to a hotel for the night, come back the next day and go to check in the gun just like they did in TX. The airline calls the cops and they get hauled away to presumably a mandatory jail sentence. Just like with a gun permit, if you're juiced up, you can prevail and avoid the mandatory jail time, In this case juicing up requires spending thousands on the right attorney plus all the other costs like bail, return trips from out of state to appear in court, etc. All over some poor schmuck that was just trying to legally transport his gun from TX to Maine.

Reply to
trader_4