Recommendations for planting in NC?

I am planting an orchard for a sustainable community in NC (15 households) and would love suggestions for edibles to plant, as well as reputable nurseries. So far we are thinking plums, cherries, pears, maybe peaches. What varieties have been successful for you? (We are in zone 7.) Any idea where I would find expected yields for trees, to figure out how many to plant? Thanks so much, Hannah

Reply to
Luna

Here is the link to Surry County Fruits and Nuts.

Go here and choose your county and see what they have. Also go to the Extension office in your county. The county agent should have good information.

Reply to
The Cook

Thanks for the suggestions! Hannah

Reply to