Re: Mew refrigerator $350 6-month guaranttee.

Might be nice to know the brand

It's likely the manufacturer's warranty, so probably not. Again, if we knew the brand we could have a real discussion.

What happened when you used Google or phoned around your area?

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I only had 3 minutes. I'll go back and get brands, and, I hope, model numbers, but I wanted some ideas first. Not counting if I go back with her to actually buy one, I only want to go one more time, not before I ask here and again afterwards.

I was sure I amended this before I posted. I remember typing at least the first several words but even they not there. Maybe it didn't get saved.

What I thought I said is from a ThisOldHouse page, that all the name brands listed, 8 or so, give a 1-year warranty on everything, and 5 years on the cooling system. Some give another 5 years on parts. It's hard for me to believe there are assembly lines anywhere that make things so badly that they can only give a 6-month warranty. If we were talking about balsa wood toy airplanes, 6 months would be a lot, but to go to the trouble and expense of making a whole fridge that works for even a month, but make it so poorly it's likely to fail soon after 6 months? That's why even if my friend is't intereested, it's worth pursuing the question.

Reply to
micky

I got a 35 year old Whirlpool out in my garage and it's still running. I'm pretty sure the warranty expired 34 years ago.

Reply to
Randy Patzkowski

I copied this from the warranty of a $4000 refrigerator from one of the better brands. Take the 6 months for $350 as it is a good deal

(1) YEAR FROM THE DATE OF ORIGINAL PURCHASE (PARTS AND LABOR INCLUDED): KitchenAid brand of Whirlpool Corporation or Whirlpool Canada, LP (hereafter “KitchenAid”) will pay for factory-specified replacement parts and labor to correct defects in materials or workmanship that existed when this major appliance was purchased, or at its sole discretion, replace the product. In the event of product replacement, your appliance will be warranted for remaining term of the original unit’s warranty period. TWO (2) YEARS FROM THE DATE OF ORIGINAL PURCHASE (PARTS AND LABOR INCLUDED): KitchenAid will pay for factory-specified replacement parts and labor for the products listed below to correct defects in materials or workmanship that existed when this major appliance was purchased, or at its sole discretion, replace the product. In the event of product replacement, your appliance will be warranted for remaining term of the original unit’s warranty period.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Off-topic troll...

Reply to
Judge Dredd

See also these John Doe troll nym-shift names:

John Doe snipped-for-privacy@message.header John snipped-for-privacy@post.header Judge Dredd snipped-for-privacy@post.header "Edward's Mother" snipped-for-privacy@post.header "Edward's Father" snipped-for-privacy@post.header

John Doe troll claiming it has never nym-shifted on Usenet:

John Doe stated the following in message-id <svsh05$lbh$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me
posted Fri, 4 Mar 2022

08:01:09 -0000 (UTC):

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe's post ratio to USENET (**) has been 72.8% of its posts contributing "nothing except insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe has posted at least 3138 articles to USENET. Of which 176 have been pure insults and 2107 have been John Doe "troll format" postings.

The John Dope troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the John Dope troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless John Dope troll has continued to post incorrectly formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on Tue, 12 Jul 2022 03:35:13 GMT in message-id <RZ5zK.381536$ snipped-for-privacy@usenetxs.com).

NOBODY likes the John Doe troll's contentless spam.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups readers who happen by to point out that John Dope does not even follow the rules it uses to troll other posters.

OllU8xxR04Q5

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

See also these John Doe troll nym-shift names:

John Doe snipped-for-privacy@message.header John snipped-for-privacy@post.header Judge Dredd snipped-for-privacy@post.header "Edward's Mother" snipped-for-privacy@post.header "Edward's Father" snipped-for-privacy@post.header

John Doe troll claiming it has never nym-shifted on Usenet:

How stupid is the John Dope troll?

The John Dope troll posting one of its vacuous insults at 05:39:20 UTC on 20 Mar 2022 with a grammatical error:

Then, at 05:55:56 UTC, 16 minutes and 36 seconds later, the John Dope troll responds to its own post with a correction, but stupidly forgets that it sets a Followup-To: header to the "alt.test.group", resulting in its correction article posting only to "alt.test.group":

The John Dope troll, mister " snipped-for-privacy@message.header", is so stupid it does not even remember it sets a Followup-To: header in its own vacuous insults.

Special thanks to corvid snipped-for-privacy@ckb.ird for pointing out the stupidity of the John Dope troll:

The John Dope troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless John Dope troll has continued to post incorrectly formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on Tue, 12 Jul 2022 03:35:14 GMT in message-id <SZ5zK.381537$ snipped-for-privacy@usenetxs.com).

NOBODY likes the John Doe troll's contentless spam.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups readers who happen by to point out that Troll Doe does not even follow the rules it uses to troll other posters.

WIDlZWuGYAPq

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

See also these John Doe troll nym-shift names:

John Doe snipped-for-privacy@message.header John snipped-for-privacy@post.header Judge Dredd snipped-for-privacy@post.header "Edward's Mother" snipped-for-privacy@post.header "Edward's Father" snipped-for-privacy@post.header

John Doe troll claiming it has never nym-shifted on Usenet:

In message-id <t6nt3e$7bp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me
posted Thu, 26 May 2022

12:50:54 -0000 (UTC) John Doe stated:

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe's post ratio to USENET (**) has been 72.8% of its posts contributing "nothing except insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe has posted at least 3138 articles to USENET. Of which 176 have been pure insults and 2107 have been John Doe "troll format" postings.

The John Dope troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the John Dope troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless John Dope troll has itself posted yet another incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Tue, 12 Jul 2022 03:35:15 GMT in message-id <TZ5zK.381538$ snipped-for-privacy@usenetxs.com.

bW3TvtovC8H2

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

Edward Hernandez, the Astraweb nym-shifting forger is trolling off-topic and other posts, using copied IDs, and replies to those posts, strangely, as if it were replying to someone else.

Try complaining to Astraweb?

See also... Edward H. <dtgamer99 gmail.com>

Edward Hernandez <dtgamer99 gmail.com>

Peter Weiner <dtgamer99 gmail.com>

John Doe <always.look message.header> (Astraweb, Aioe.org) Judge Dredd snipped-for-privacy@post.header (Astraweb) John snipped-for-privacy@post.header (Astraweb)

Reply to
Edward's Mother

See also these John Doe troll nym-shift names:

John Doe snipped-for-privacy@message.header John snipped-for-privacy@post.header Judge Dredd snipped-for-privacy@post.header "Edward's Mother" snipped-for-privacy@post.header "Edward's Father" snipped-for-privacy@post.header

John Doe troll claiming it has never nym-shifted on Usenet:

In message-id <t6nt3e$7bp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me
posted Thu, 26 May 2022

12:50:54 -0000 (UTC) Troll Doe stated:

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) Troll Doe's post ratio to USENET (**) has been 72.9% of its posts contributing "nothing except insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) Troll Doe has posted at least 3154 articles to USENET. Of which 176 have been pure insults and 2123 have been Troll Doe "troll format" postings.

The Troll Doe stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the Troll Doe stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless Troll Doe has continued to post incorrectly formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on Tue, 12 Jul 2022 03:44:29 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <taiqms$1uu6f$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me).

NOBODY likes the John Doe troll's contentless spam.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups readers who happen by to point out that John Dope does not even follow the rules it uses to troll other posters.

lGg1/XHJcPPt

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

I'm still trying to find out who makes the "Mew" refrigerator.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

< snips >

You made it further than me ! He lost me at the subject line .. :-) John T.

Reply to
hubops

What? You haven't heard of those special refrigerators that store only milk?

Reply to
trader_4
[snip]

Scary cats? :-)

Reply to
hah

An awful lot of pictures can be taken in 3 minutes.

I often take pictures of the label on a product or the tag. Then I have all the info I need to do some research.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson