Quarter turb ball valves

Those of you who has gone to Home Depot recently to shop for plumbing parts, specifically valves for the kitchen or bath, must have noticed there are quarter turn ball valves not seen before. I did only because during Christmas I did a bath remodeling project. Yes, HD has had QTBV for years, but they are not much easier to turn than the traditional globe valves. These QTBV's are so tiny and so easy to turn it is a joy.

Why didn't someone think of this idea sooner?

Reply to
yaofengchen

Where are they made?

Reply to
Robert Barr

In the good old USA if I remember correctly. Quite a contrast from the shitty hard to turn globe valves made in you know where. The existing line of ball valves were made in Italy as I remember, still not very easy to turn.

Reply to
yaofengchen

Great! I'll have to check our area HD. Sooner or later, you'd think market forces would dictate some better quality plumbing supplies.

I prefer American made whenever possible; in any event, though, if it's Chinese, I won't bother installing it (so of course I won't bother buying).

I bought Italian ball valves at an Ace Hardware a couple of years ago and they've worked out fine. I don't wear patriotism on my sleeve, but if a retailer sells nothing but plumbing gear that's both substandard in quality AND made in China, well, there's two reasons they won't see my wallet.

Quite a contrast from the

Reply to
Robert Barr