phpBB®

That being: undertaking the actions of "a posting member" of phpBB?

(you seem to be starting threads only to quickly lose interest in the actual topic. ADHD? Bored? What's up boatman?)

Reply to
Steve Carroll <"Steve

On Nov 7, 2020 at 3:15:59 AM MST, "David_B" wrote <AtupH.3$ snipped-for-privacy@fx12.ams:

No problem. It is an option, not a push.

Reply to
Snit

On Nov 7, 2020 at 4:03:39 PM MST, "%" wrote snipped-for-privacy@news.alt.net>:

I did. I always do. It is the law.

Reply to
Snit

(snip)

Then it seems that answers the only actual question your post posed:

"Does one NEED a server or can one run a forum from a computer?"

Unless Apple has made changes I'm not aware of, you do (a local one) but, apparently, you don't know how to configure/access it. What happens when you go to this address:

<http://localhost/~davidbrooks/> (account name may be different)

Aardvark?

Reply to
Steve Carroll <"Steve

I get a message saying "Safari Can't Connect to the Server"

.... "because Safari can't connect to the server "localhost""

Best you Google! ;-)

Reply to
David_B