Electricians Forum @ Supplychain

Thanks for the response guys, you will notice that your helpful posts will not be deleted from the forum, nor will they be ridiculed and flamed. The professional people who began the forum believe in freedom of speech.

Thanx again

Electricians Forum

ElectriciansForum

fora because off-line newsgroups suits the way I work.

But for heaven's sake learn how newsgroups work, including how to post. You are making yourself look stupid.

Reply to
Nick Atty

Please stop repeatedly spamming your website. We saw it the first time.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Andy, come have a look u might learn something, what u scared of ? forums are not commercial, grow up

Reply to
Ellis Greensitt

It's anoying though, if you want to promote a website why not be helpful in this forum and put it in your sig. It's not just here this person is advertising his site, it's on other DIY and commercial forums to.

Reply to
Aaron

Ok Aaron,

I think its a crap Forum at Supplychain

Happy now ?

Ellis Greensitt

Ellis Greensitt

Your attitude is not helping the corporate image...

Reply to
johnty

On the contrary Johnty, This newsgroup seems to promote negativity and paranoia. Im just trying to fit in

Reply to
Ellis Greensitt

A few of the users on the newsgroup have decided to attempt to spoil the Electricians Forum at

dont, we would like to grow the Forum into something useful, if anyone on here would be willing to help achieve this then I would be very intersted.

I would like to recruit some users of UK D-I-Y to become moderators.

if you are interested, please send me a private message from the Forum here

Ellis Greensitt

It's only as crap as you make it, my personal preference is UK.d-i-y since I don't have to signup or hand my details over to a company who is essentially also functioning as a business. Furthermore lots of advertising I've seen for supplychain's forum has been based on pointing out negative facts about already well established sources of help for the DIY public. Remember this these forums are free-for-all and you should just be thick skinned enough to ignore the crap and make use of the helpful information.

Fair enough you get your share of people who are unhelpful on here, but you also get a lot of idiots who either refuse help and are just downright stupid and dangerous and shouldn't be allowed anyway near a AA battery let alone mains electrics. People like that get unhelpful, sarcastic and rude replies because they need them to prevent them from killing themselves! It's not that people are being snooty purposely... Unless of course you are one who refuses to search archives and as such don't get particuarly helpful replies because the same questions are being asked every week.

To be hounest it's just the same as life, if you want to do something dangerous someone will always tell you. If you are being anoying people will ignore you and/or be sarcastic.

Dunno, plug your forums as much as you like but don't through your toys out of the basket when someone gets fed up of your plugging and/or has a bad opinion of your forum. It's just childish.

Reply to
Aaron

making user's waste their time on this site. *Shrugs*.

UK.D-I-Y is already very useful thanks.

You mean you are the only one who runs it and therefore would like some other people to do some work/advertising for you.

Reply to
Aaron

Im sorry you see things this way Aaron, but Im sure not everyone on here sees things as blinkered as you. Good luck with your problems.

Ellis

Ellis Greensitt

Yup, but some of the 'advice' I've read over the last few years is equally misleading....

Reply to
The Wanderer

But it's well known that Supplychain do in fact sacrifice virgins on their blood-spattered altars to darkness. (constructed of 18mm WBP ply)

Reply to
Ian Stirling

So basically no comment.

I wount post in this topic anymore, I've got better things to be getting on with this afternoon.

Reply to
Aaron

ROFL!!! Any good at hanging wallpaper Aaron? Only kidding. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

Top-posting moron.

*plonk*
Reply to
Huge

Ah, no. You are seen on here as the figurehead for the company and the forum you are promoting (whether you are the de facto figurehead or not). You conduct, and especially your responses on here, should be above reproach. Respond to insults and abuse with courtesy and politeness; be generous with your expert advice. This will reflect well on your business and your website and, possibly, may encourage visitors. Trading like-for-like posts on here will most certainly not.

Please post an address where I can send my invoice for this image consultancy work...

Reply to
johnty

In message , Ellis Greensitt wrote

I like the helpful gas fitting advice about using plastic pipes and push fittings.

I assume that Doncaster's No1 Independent Electrical Wholesaler and Distributor take full legal responsibility for the safety aspects of what appears on their moderated private forums.

Reply to
Alan

Ah yes, free speech. Spammers *love* to tell us all about the virtues of free speech. Particularly when 'free' means 'at not/negligible cost to the sender'; regardless of the costs to the recipients in time, attention, storage, signal-to-noise. Where 'free' - to the sender - means leeching off the accumulated social capital of established networks of interest, and/or technical means of communication.

Any similarity between the crude actions of email spammers, and those who pop up in established fora saying - not just the once, but repeatedly - 'hey! pipple! look over there! it's new! it's whizzy! it's got HTML and PHP and all sortsa stuff! you're gonna love it!' - is left as an exercise for the reader...

Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba