Electricians Forum @ Supplychain

I admit, newgroups are new to me. What is wrong with my posts ? You have advertised your website as I did, are you expecting a load of abuse ? or are you in the clique ?

Ellis

Reply to
Ellis Greensitt

You are top-posting for a start.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

ElectriciansForum wrote: > Thanks for the response guys, you will notice that your helpful posts will > not be deleted from the forum, nor will they be ridiculed and flamed. The > professional people who began the forum believe in freedom of speech. >

You know, I'm beginning to feel some sympathy for you, having let that 'professional' word roll around my head on and off during the day.

I wonder if you haven't handed over plenty of folding notes to a Web Presence Company, who've filled you with promises about 'creating a state-of-the art web presence with pan-national reach, professional-quality graphics, and an interactive forum, to which we will drive traffic through a combined-media strategy reaching out to communities of interest which we, as Internet professionals of several years standing, have a unique insight into'. (Most of those twaddle-merchants went rapidly out of business when the .com bubble burst; but maybe there's still a few trading up in Doncaster?)

For your money, you got a Macromedia Flash front-page (slowing down site entry for all - did you ever wonder why Google keep their page so stripped-down) which plays a Really Serious Corporate tune all the time, but makes *you* feel good 'cuz it's got your company logo coming into view in a Dramatic And Exciting Visual Metaphor (hello? *you're* not the customer for the website, it's the paying punter - but you *are* the customer for the Web Presence Company, of course); a discussion forum which they may've charged you an arm and a leg for, but is freeware (phpBB); and sent you off to drum up traffic in person (on the Victor Kiam principle) without cluing you in to Usenet culture at all.

I'd say you've been had...

Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

In message , Stefek Zaba wrote

Assuming everyone had downloaded the Flash plug-in for their browser. It doesn't work with the latest version of Opera apart from the link to the free beta version of the Supplychain counter which shows the hits as:

Report for "

"Visitors since 11-Apr-2005 : 2836 NETHERLANDS = 2752 Unknown = 41 USA = 40 INDIA = 1 AUSTRALIA = 1 FRANCE = 1

The site is aimed only at broadband users using the latest Microsoft browser. It is a typical site designed by someone who doesn't really need real customers to use it.

For a professional UK trading company having a org.uk domain is not sensible. Even if people remember the name Supplychain they would guess at the domain being either co.uk or com and give up if these two don't work.

Reply to
Alan

Thanks Alan,

Constructive criticism I can handle. Your comments are much appreciated and I intend to act on them. Thanks again

Reply to
Ellis Greensitt

In article , Nick Atty writes

"making"? Too late by far.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In article , Alan writes

So do I. Whoever "electricsheep" is, he has dIMM off to a T.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Go away.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Well funny how things turn out, I started the day wondering if anyone on this newsgroup would like to contribute to the forum at

caused outrage amongst some paranoid users who were horrified that I had dared to mention another forum on their precious newsgroup. They decided that they were mighty enough to invade the forum and try to destroy it with childish postings. They called me names, they pulled my spelling.

But, thanks to their gritty determination, weve had an amazing response, they have actually promoted the forum unwittingly.

I would just like to thank you guys, youve helped us on our way. A job well done.

Im off to bed now with a huge smile.

Thanks again, feel free to keep it up tommorrow.

Reply to
Ellis Greensitt

So you admit that you lied in your first claim that posts are not interfered with, and you admit that the forum has been forging false endorsements from well-respected people like Bob Eager? You openly abuse people, and you spam your top-posted tripe into our newsgroup.

Well, Mr Ellis Greensitt, Managing Director, Supplychain (Doncaster) Ltd, you're doing a fine job of destroying whatever reputation your company previously held. I wonder how much this ill-advised adventure will cost you and your shareholders?

Reply to
Steve Walker

That's odd, because according to your naff little forum, you are currently the sole user online. Truly an amazing response.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I posted once, to vote and to say my favourite place was uk.d-i-y. That's hardlyan attempt to destroy. Didn't stop you censoring it to reverse its meaning.

Actually, you were the first person to do that. But you're rewriting the facts as usual. And let's make no mistake - you DID edit my single post.

LOL! Let's see....39 posts, 12 in tne thread started by Owain. Of the 7 threads 3 were started by Ellis himself.

Amazing indeed; another 'reinterpretation' of the facts.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Except they aren't, Smiths are MUCH better

Reply to
Dave

no sht.

I'll make it brief for ya ellis. You got 2 options:

  1. post on topic replies, not just thinly veiled ads, and include a 1 line ad at the bottom under the 2 characters --

  1. Prepare yourself for the repercussions from the ukdiyers that dont like and dont respect spam, spammers, or t-ts with nothing to say.

And contrary to your superficial observations, there is plenty of skill and intelligence in uk-diy, some regulars here do know how to make spammers regeret it, some are willing to take these things up with hosts, put your potential customers off here, and create you a lot of extra work if you continue to spam.

Its your choice, play fair or expect nothing but hostililty.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

I can keep it up all week on these pills.

Me too.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yeah, so far we're being gentle

Owain

Who has been invited to be a Moderator on the supplychain forum :-)

Reply to
Owain

I'll make it brief for you ellis. You got 2 options:

  1. post on topic replies, not just thinly veiled ads, and include a 1 line ad at the bottom under the 2 characters --

  1. Prepare yourself for the repercussions from the ukdiyers that dont like and dont respect spam, spammers, or t-ts with nothing to say.

And contrary to your initial conclusions, there is plenty of skill and intelligence in uk-diy. And some regulars are well versed in anti spam skills, and some are wiling to put them into action if you dont behave.

If you continue as yo havr, all your potential customers here will be put right off, as well as have a lot of antispam activity to deal with. I havent looked your host up, but I'll bet you someone else has.

Either play fair or get nothing but hostility.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

That should be three characters

Reply to
Rob Morley

Hardly. You still post upside down and fail to trim a single syllable. How is that fitting in? You seem to be just trolling for conflict, no-one who is able to breathe unaided can be that dense.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

if we permit spam we'll be buried under it, and the newsgroup will be abandoned. Its happened to many ngs. That is why your spam is not tolerated here.

not at all, I read the ukdiy responses, they were making sensible points. Admittedly not the ones youd hoped would be made, but hopefully youll learn from them.

Youve had a lot of publicity here, but dont overlook that all of it has been pretty bad. Your behaviour in all of this has shown me that youre a company I would not want to touch, one with no visible ethics. You even falsify quotes and claims from ukdiy regulars to try to get your way, and youre a spammer to boot. If you think thats gonna encourage people here to switch to your co you must be kidding.

Your attempts to grow a forum are quite wrong footed. Its a difficult thing to do these days, and you show no idea of what you need to do to achieve it, or what blunders to avoid.

Initially I went to see if it was worth putting you on my list of suppliers, but since then your antics here have killed that possibility stone dead for me and almost everyone else too. Ukdiy can be a problem for some companies, as we have a habit of telling the truth. You really have killed your chances here. The best you can hope for is that noone mentions you again, and that in future people will find you via your sig, but no-one ever tells them about your slimy dishonest ways.

I doubt it, 'any publicity is good publicity' is not true. As a competent business person you should know that. You goofed in a way you cant undo.

NT

Reply to
bigcat