Double spacing, online forums?

I contribute to several web site based forums and several weeks ago paragraphs suddenly began to be posted as double spaced paragraphs. An extra line space, just between the paragraphs.

Prior to sending a post the spacing is single spaced, once posted they show as double spaced. Editing and removing the extra lines then clicking send, they appear as I would like..

Any ideas please what has happened to change this?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In Thunderbird, which I note you dont use, it is usually a selection of 'paragraph' rather than 'body text' as a default.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher laid this down on his screen :

No, not in my newsreader, just the online web forums. Everytime I type a line after a paragraph, it appears to be fine on my screen, until posted. What I have typed and posted then becomes double line spaced between the paragraphs.

I cn go back ad re-edit, remove the extra line, repost and all is as I originally intended. If it were just one forum, I would blame the forum own software, but it affect all the forums I use, so it must be some oddity here on my computer. I'm using W10 plus Firefox for the forum's.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Your browser will be displaying what the forum(s) tell it to, can't see it's anything other than a problem at the far end, do they all use the same software? e.g vBulletin or PHPbb or whatever?

Have you asked other forum users how they see your posts, or their own posts, have you asked the admin?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Line lengths on the site changed, and spaces inserted instead of carriage returns? I see this when trying to cut and paste some content from web sites into word. I find at least one extra space pushes the thing to another line then a carriage return makes another new line creating the double space effect. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Andy Burns submitted this idea :