The end of the world...?

Feels a bit like it anyway.
Three power cuts in the last 12 hours.
After the first one last night I topped up all the rechargeable batteries (torches and radio) and the mobile phone. After the second one this morning (slept through the first) I've got a thermos of tea and some sandwiches made.
Owain
On 10/08/2018 09:22, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

So, if I have got this right, your response to the end of the world is to make a cup of tea? :)
On Friday, 10 August 2018 10:15:05 UTC+1, GB wrote:

And a buttered scone :-)
I'll try and finish my library book as well.
Owain
On 10/08/2018 10:21, Jim K wrote:

Dunk a chocolate digestive in the tea and not bother with the daily statins and other 'free' life 'extenders'.

Around here it would be a nice cup of tea which would preclude a thermos unless that only contained hot water.
--
AnthonyL

No its just bad attention to infrastructure to save money. Water is getting the same. Brian
--
----- --
On 10/08/2018 09:22, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Certainly very soggy down in the South of France today and yesterday.
On Friday, 10 August 2018 09:22:04 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Oh no not another BREXIT post , yeah we know anything that happens from now in is because of BREXIT.

how inconvenient for you...
Who had a hit with that song? Don't they know its the end of the World. It escapes me at the moment.
Brian
--
----- --

Originally by Skeeter Davis, but don't know if there might have been a more successful version in the UK.
--
Bill

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 18:13:36 +0100, Bill wrote:

Apparently Brenda Lee.

We apologies now for you not hearing a warning about the end of the world when it comes. This is due to latency in the universe. Brian
--
----- --