On Topic - DIY

I thought you lot might all appreciate this advert, which I found in my copy of Airfix Magazine, May 1976 (one of a job lot of about 100 given to me my a friend last week):

(Sorry -- had to use tinypic, which gets steadily worse as the years go by).

Cheers!

John

Reply to
Another John

+1

I now use imgbb:

Chris Hogg

What happened to delivery at home?

Just spotted in in my 1947 Modern Homes book that I picked up in a charity shop today just as I read your post!

Reply to
ARW

Mate of mine loved Davenports,especially their Bottled Beer called Top Brew Deluxe which was fairly strong but not Barley wine like in taste.

It really pained him not to Drink their Ales for approx 18 months as their insurance co and his insurance co batted against each other in an incident where one of their drays pulled out in front of his MG Midget and almost decapitated him. Eventually it was decided that the dray was to blame.

Some other firm revived the name and ISTR were going to or did restart the home delivery about a decade ago but closed down soon after .

GH

Reply to
Marland

Drop me an email with your preferred username and I will create you a DIY wiki account...

Reply to
John Rumm

By now there should also be a cloud OCR on all images so even blind people can read the text in images. its a scandal. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff