OT - Wooden Computer Enclosures - Who was that?

A few weeks ago one of the fine members of this group posted some pictures of the wooden computer enclosures that they had made many years ago.

Who are you? :-)

Where can I find those links?

Thanks!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

bob_villain

Thanks, but not what I was looking for. There are specific and multiple links in fairly recent thread from a member of this ng.

(P.S. I know how to use Google)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You sure it was ahr? I surely don't recall seeing any such thing...

Reply to
dpb

PC/AT

PS/2 M30
PS/2 M30/286
PS/2 M70

gfretwell

(I thought it was you!)

Thanks! How old would you say those are and how well did they hold up?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

That was around 1986-1991. We had no budget for PCs but my boss said I knew how to get what I needed to make them and go for it. I could get all the "parts" I wanted but cases had serial numbers and they were not available as a "part". After a while I demonstrated we did have a business need for PCs, we got them and I took some of these home. They lasted until they were too obsolete to use. I never had the RF interference problems everyone predicted but that is probably due to the way IBM made the boards.

Reply to
gfretwell