OT: Warning: Daylight Stupid Time starts Sunday 03/20/2019

The main effect for me is that the garage/yard sales start in the dark in winter and most don’t have much light where they have their stuff out for display so you need a torch to see what they have. No big deal tho and certainly not something that makes any sense to say have DST all year round.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You can say anything when you crop the bullshit you posted

"Tell that to my Filipino relatives. They're all pulling 3.5 or higher GPAs from third grade on up; 3.0 minimum from first to second. First bell, chalk hit the board at

7:30am.

Life is being lived 'later' and later in America, and we see the effects every day"

Reply to
gfretwell
[snip]

Yes. There would be no more "what time is it?" problems with national/international things like TV broadcasts, and long distance phone calls / internet connections. People like farmers who need to know if it's light outside don't need clocks to tell them.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

It wouldn't be British time. It would be Earth time.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

The problem could be those type A mornings, where the kids don't really have a chance to wake up.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

I'd have benefited from that too, when I was riding the school bus in

7th-10th grade. Much of the violence was concentrated there (on the bus).
Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

I've always felt better and could do more in the morning.

Yes.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Here High school starts at 0705, grade school at 0755 and middle school at 0845. Because of a Johnson era deseg order and "school choice" almost everyone is on a bus, even if they can see the school from the house. In High School, sports programs drive busing as much as anything. Decent athletes are actively recruited. They are pretty much guaranteed good grades, even if that does not really include a good education. If they are good enough that continues through college.

Reply to
gfretwell

That's not live.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Correct. The cows know when they need milking. Even turkeys know when to flee the roost...

Reply to
Oren

When it was snowing at 7PM last night at least it was light enough to see as I shoveled. If that is a good thing.

Reply to
rbowman

I bet that has been going on for many years and there are probably more cases than that every year. Why does it matter. Aren't those schools private and not state operated ?

Just like most everything else, if you have the money, rules seldom apply.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery